Bad Company (drum and bass group)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Genres||Drum and bass|
|Labels||Bad Company (BC) Recordings, Virus Recordings, Human Imprint Recordings, Prototype Recordings, Bad Taste Recordings|
|Associated acts||DJ Trace, Matrix, Future Forces Inc.|
Bad Company, Bad Company UK or simply BC (stylized as ")E|3(") is the stage name of British drum and bass producers and Jason Maldini (Maldini), Darren White (dBridge), Dan Stein (Fresh), and Michael Wojcicki (Vegas).
The abbreviation of the name, )E|3(, is the group's logo as used on singles and album covers: the letters BC are mirrored on a vertical line (written as the letter I or as the pipe symbol |), whereas the B looks like the number 3 or letter E and the C like brackets.
They formed in 1998 as "Bad Company" from the ashes of Renegade Hardware acts Future Forces Inc (dBridge and Maldini) and Absolute Zero (DJ Fresh), although they had also worked together in various configurations: Stein, White and Maldini released The Code as Absolute Zero & Subphonics on Renegade Hardware; Stein and Wojcicki released Otto's Way as Fresh & Vegas on Metro Recordings,
The group is known in the drum and bass industry for their 12" single, "The Nine" / "The Bridge" (BCR001). Bad Company went on to produce three albums and various singles which were acclaimed with similar success, most notably "Book Of The Bad" (2000), a compilation album of their three Book Of The Bad vinyl EPs, featuring "Miami Flashback", "Planet Dust" (originally released on Prototype Recordings), and "Mind Games". The name Bad Company has been in disuse since about 2005, but the artists still work in the scene. Fresh had left Bad Company to pursue several solo projects under different record labels, such as Breakbeat Kaos, Ram Records, V Recordings, and Valve. D-Bridge kept producing alone as well, and started his own record label.
Maldini continued to cooperate with Vegas, recording under the name "Bad Company UK", a change which was needed because of a legal battle with the band formed in the 1970s with the same name. Their main label is Bad Taste Recordings. In 2010 the two producers formed the trio Blokhe4d along with Swiss producer Uman. Maldini and Vegas also created the Unique Artists record label, with the participation of a variety of producers from the scene.
The group had a fan forum on their website, which later became Dogs On Acid.
- "Bad Company discography @ rolldabeats - dance music discography resource". Rolldabeats.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Absolute Zero & Subphonics - The Code / Fugitive :: Renegade Hardware :: RH12 @ rolldabeats - online dance music discography resource". Rolldabeats.com. 1998-07-20. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Fresh & Vegas - Otto's Way / Heatwave :: Metro Recordings :: MTRR004 @ rolldabeats - online dance music discography resource". Rolldabeats.com. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- "Bad Company - Planet Dust / Speedball :: Prototype Recordings :: PRO003UK @ rolldabeats - online dance music discography resource". Rolldabeats.com. 2001-05-07. Retrieved 2012-01-03.
- Cole, Dan (30 Jun 2008). "Kmag Announces The Top 100 Drum & Bass Tracks Of All Time". Beatport News.
|This article on an electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This drum and bass music related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|