|• Mayor||Dietmar Fischer (CDU)|
|• Total||33.80 km2 (13.05 sq mi)|
|Elevation||333 m (1,093 ft)|
|• Density||260/km2 (670/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07052 07084 Maisenbach-Zainen|
Bad Liebenzell is part of the Calw district; it in turn comprises seven sub-districts besides the town itself: Möttlingen, Unterhaugstett, Monakam, Beinberg, Unterlengenhardt und Maisenbach-Zainen. Bad Liebenzell has also had an alliance with Villaines la Juhel in France since 1992.
Outcome of the local elections on 13 June 2004:
Coat of Arms and Flag
Under a black deer antler on blue lies a silver tent on a black and gold base containing a golden bathtub, in which a bathing woman sits. Bad Liebenzell's town colours are blue and white.
Economy and Infrastructure
Bad Liebenzell also has at its disposal a Grundschule (primary school), Hauptschule (secondary school), Realschule, and Förderschule. There is a primary school outside the town in the Möttlingen and Unterhaugstett districts.
The Bad Liebenzell Theological Seminary was founded in 1902 as a private instituation of the Liebenzell Mission, today known as IHL - Internationale Hochschule Liebenzell (www.IHL.eu), a private University College and Theological Seminary accredited by the federal Wissenschaftsrat (Science Council), the state of Baden-Württemberg and ACQUIN. It closely cooperates with Middlesex University London, the ETH Tabor, Marburg, the CVJM (YMCA) University of applied sciences in Kassel.
Culture and Sights
- The Stauferburg from the 13th century is the most impressive building in Bad Liebenzell.
- Monaturm (a mobile radio tower at 8°44'09" E, 48°47'18" N)
- South of Bad Liebenzell, a 110kV-three phase powerline of the EnBW spans the Nagold river valley for 941 metres.
- 1842, 1 June, Christoph Blumhardt (in Möttlingen), † 2 August 1919 in Jebenhausen, German theologian and politician (SPD), MdL (Württemberg)
The Protestant theologian and minister Christoph Blumhardt (1842–1919) and his father Johann Blumhardt (1805–1880) worked in Möttlingen. They performed faith healings in Möttlingen which caused a sensation all over Germany. Johann later founded a spiritual guidance centre in Bad Boll. Christoph became friends with Eduard Mörike and stayed in contact with numerous other writers of his time.
- Webcam with a view over the town to the castle of Bad Liebenzell
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bad Liebenzell.|
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland mit Bevölkerung am 31.12.2012 (Einwohnerzahlen auf Grundlage des Zensus 2011)". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 12 November 2013.