Bad Things (song)
|Single by Jace Everett|
|from the album Jace Everett|
|Jace Everett singles chronology|
"Bad Things" is a song written and recorded by American country music singer Jace Everett. It is included on his only album for Epic Records Nashville, the self-titled Jace Everett. Although released as a single in 2005, it did not chart on the Hot Country Songs charts that year. The song charted in the United Kingdom, Norway, and Sweden in 2009 after it was selected as the theme song for the HBO series True Blood.
Stephen Thomas Erlewine, in his review of the album for Allmusic, compared the song in sound to Chris Isaak's "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing", saying that it was "less menacing and a little rowdier" than that song.
Use in media
In 2008, it was selected as the theme song for HBO's vampire series True Blood. It won a 2009 Broadcast Music Incorporated award in the cable television category and was nominated for a 2009 Scream Award for "Best Scream Song of the Year".
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||49|
- "Listing for "Bad Things"". Broadcast Music Incorporated. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- Monger, James Christopher. "Jace Everett biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 12 September 2010.
- "How Did “Bad Things” Get to be True Blood’s Theme Song?". True Blood News. 2010-07-20. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Jace Everett review". Allmusic. Retrieved 13 September 2010.
- "BMI Film & Television Awards Tout Composers of Year’s Top Film, Television, & Cable Music" Retrieved on 2009-09-02.
- "Best Scream Song of the Year, 2009" Spike.com Retrieved on 2009-09-02.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Jace Everett – Bad Things". VG-lista. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Jace Everett – Bad Things". Singles Top 60. Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- "Jace Everett" UK Singles Chart.