Badges of the United States Army
Badges of the United States Army are military decorations issued by the United States Department of the Army to soldiers who achieve a variety of qualifications and accomplishments while serving on active and reserve duty in the United States Army.
As described in Army Regulations 670-1 Uniforms and Insignia, badges are categorized into marksmanship, combat and special skill, identification, and foreign. Combat and Special Skill badges are further divided into five groups.
Soldiers are authorized to wear a total of five badges from the marksmanship and combat and special skill categories; no more than three can come from the marksmanship category, only one badge each from Groups 1, 2, and 3, three from Group 4, and two from Group 5. And only two identification badges are authorized over each pocket.
These badges are worn in order of precedence (Group 1 the highest). Marksmanship badges are worn after any special skill badge. Badges within the same group may be worn in any order.
Combat and Special Skill Badges and Tabs
Army Astronaut Badge (Any Army aviation badge with Astronaut Device)
Army National Guard Badges
- Military badges of the United States
- Identification badges of the United States military
- Obsolete badges of the United States military
- Tabs of the United States Army
- Uniforms of the United States Army
- Coats of arms of U.S. Infantry Regiments
- US military beret flash
- Combat Service Identification Badge
- Shoulder Sleeve Insignia (United States Army)
- Distinctive unit insignia (U.S. Army)
- "AR670-1, Chapter 29, Section 15". United States Army. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "AR670-1, Chapter 29, Section 17, Paragraph a". United States Army. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "AR670-1, Chapter 29, Section 17, Paragraph b". United States Army. Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "AR670-1, Chapter 29, Section 17, Paragraph b, Part 2". United States Army. Retrieved 2011-12-25.
- SMDC-OPZ-FB, Army Space Personnel Development Office (ASPDO) Procedural Guide #1 - Procedures for Awarding the Space Badge to Army Space Cadre Personnel; dated 15 February 2011
- Vermont National Guard Permanent Order 121-01
- Tabs and Badges a Measure of Missouri Guardmembers' Marksmanship
- Army Regulation 670-1: Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia (PDF file)
- Army Regulation 600-8-22: Military Awards (PDF file)
- Army Service Uniform - Ribbons Poster (PDF file)