Map of Cebu with Badian highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|District||2nd district of Cebu|
|Barangay||29 (see § Barangays)|
|• Type||Sangguniang Bayan|
|• Mayor||Robburt Librando (1‑CEBU)|
|• Vice Mayor||Jerome Librando|
|• Total||110.07 km2 (42.50 sq mi)|
|• Density||340/km2 (890/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)32|
|Income class||3rd class|
Badian is a third income class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 37,699. Badian is 98 kilometres (61 mi) southwest of Cebu City. It is bounded on the north by Moalboal; on the south by Alegria; on the east by Dalaguete and Argao; and on the west by the Tañon Strait.
The main barangay of Badian is Poblacion, located in the center of the town. It is the only urban and the most populous barangay of Badian. Its population is 4002 at the 2010 census, up from 3854 in 2007. It contains the hospital and the marketplace where most of the trading takes place. Many vendors from all over town trade here particularly at weekends.
Poblacion is where the local high school is located. Badian National High School (BNHS) is one of two high schools in Badian. This is also the largest of the two and many students come from neighboring towns to study here. The lower educational facility in Badian is the Badian Central Elementary School where all the younger children go to school.
Poblacion is also the location of the Church of Santiago Apostle, whose feast day is celebrated each 25th July. Together with the Feast of Santiago Apostle is the Banig Festival which was started about 3 years ago.
Poblacion is also where the municipal hall is located, in sitio Sawang.
|Population census of Badian|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- Cabigas, Estan (10 November 2009), "Man-made structures mar Kawasan Falls" (Photographic essay), Langyaw, retrieved 12 February 2015
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 1 April 2013.
- "Population and Annual Growth Rates by Province, City and Municipality: Central Visayas: 1995, 2000 and 2007". National Statistics Office. Archived from the original on 24 June 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Badian, Cebu.|