Badlishah of Kedah
|Predecessor||Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah|
|Successor||Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah|
|Spouse||Tunku Sofia binti Tunku Mahmud
Tunku Asmah ibni Almarhum Sultan Badrul Alam Shah
|Issue||Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah
Tunku Abdul Malik
Tunku Mahmud Sallehuddin
|Father||Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah|
|Born||10 March 1894|
|Died||July 13, 1958|
Sultan Sir Badlishah ibni al-Marhum Sultan Sir Abdul Hamid Halim Shah, Sultan and Yang di-Pertuan of the State of Kedah Dar ul-Aman, KCMG, KBE, (17 March 1894 – 13 July 1958) was the 26th Sultan of Kedah, a present Malaysian state, between 1943 and 1958. He succeeded the throne upon the death of his father, Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah. He was the elder half brother of the first Prime Minister of Malaysia, Tunku Abdul Rahman.
Sultan Badlishah also served as regent of Kedah between 1937 and 1943. In 1943, he was deposed by the Imperial Japanese Army, but was reinstated following their surrender and the end of the Japanese occupation of Malaya in 1945.
Sultan Badlishah was married twice. His first marriage was to Tunku Sofia binti Tunku Mahmud in 1924. The marriage produced an heir, who is the current King of Malaysia and Sultan of Kedah, Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah. Tunku Sofia died in 1934.
Sultan Badlishah's second marriage was to Tunku Asmah ibni Almarhum Sultan Badrul Alam Shah, a Terengganu princess. She served as Sultanah of Kedah and gave birth to a number of children, including Tunku Annuar.
Death and Succession
Sultan Badlishah died on 13 July 1958 and was succeeded by his eldest son, Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah.
Honours of Kedah
- Founding Grand Master of the State of Kedah Star of Valour (BKK, 30 October 1952 - 13 July 1958)
- Founding Grand Master of the Kedah Supreme Order of Merit (KOM, 30 October 1952 - 13 July 1958)
- Founding Grand Master of the State of Kedah Star of Gallantry (BPK, 30 October 1952 - 13 July 1958)
- Thailand :
- United Kingdom :
- Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE)-1941
- Knight Commander of the Order of St Michael and St George (KCMG)-1948 (CMG-1936)
- King George V Silver Jubilee Medal-1935
- King George VI Coronation Medal-1937
- Queen Elizabeth II Coronation Medal-1953
- List of Sultans of Kedah
Sultan Abdul Hamid Halim Shah
|Sultan of Kedah
Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah