|Chairman of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region|
|Preceded by||Yang Jing|
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
Bagatur or Bater (simplified Chinese: 巴特尔; traditional Chinese: 巴特爾; pinyin: Bātè'ěr; born February 1955) is a politician of the People's Republic of China of Mongol ancestry. He is currently the chairman of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region and deputy secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Inner Mongolia Autonomous Regional Committee.
Bagatur, an ethnic Mongolian, was born in Kangping County in northeastern Liaoning Province in February 1955. He has a master's degree in political economics. He began work in January 1973 in Wulanmuqi in the Evenk Autonomous Banner under Hulunbeier city, Heilongjiang Province. He then joined the CPC in December 1981 and went to serve in Inner Mongolia, ultimately becoming secretary of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Regional Committee of the Communist Youth League of China between April 1986 and April 1992.
Bagatur served as the secretary of the CPC Wuhai Municipal Committee from March 1994 to December 1999 and also mayor of Wuhai from December 1994 to February 1998. He was the secretary of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region's party discipline inspection committee from December 1999 to April 2008, and since December 2001 onwards has been the deputy secretary of the CPC Inner Mongolia Autonomous Regional Committee. Bagatur was appointed acting chairman and vice chairman of the regional government on April 3, 2008. He was elected chairman on January 12, 2009.
Bagatur was an alternate member of the 15th Central Committee. He was chosen as a member of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection at the 16th CPC National Congress in 2002, and again at the 17th CPC National Congress in 2007. On December 27, 2008, Bagatur was admitted as a substitute delegate to the 11th National People's Congress (NPC) representing Inner Mongolia. In November 2012, he was elected to the 18th Central Committee of the Communist Party of China.
- "Bagatur appointed acting chairman of N China autonomous region". China Daily. 2008-04-03. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Bagatur becomes acting chairman of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region" (in Chinese). Xinhua. 2008-04-03. Archived from the original on 8 January 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Bagatur elected chairman of north China autonomous region". Xinhua. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "Bagatur elected chairman of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region" (in Chinese). Xinhua. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "List of Members of CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (16th Party Congress)". Xinhua. 2002-11-14. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "List of members of CPC Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (17th Party Congress)". Xinhua. 2007-10-21. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "NPC confirms Hu Chunhua's, Bagatur's credentials as delegates" (in Chinese). National People's Congress News at People's Daily. 2008-12-27. Retrieved 2009-01-19.
- "List of members of the 18th CPC Central Committee". Xinhua. November 14, 2012.
- (Chinese) Biography of Bagatur, Xinhua.
- (Chinese) Acting Chairman Bagatur participates in an online chat at Xinhuanet.com (July 14, 2008).
|Chairman of the Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region