Bagdah (community development block)
|Bagdah (CD Block)
বাগদা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|District||North 24 Parganas|
|• Total||233.05 km2 (89.98 sq mi)|
|• Density||940/km2 (2,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bangaon|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bagda|
Bagdah (community development block) is an administrative division in Bangaon subdivision of North 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Baduria police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Bangaon.
Bagdah is located at.
At the time of the 2001 census, Bagdah block had a total population of 219,812 out of which 112,595 were males and 107,217 were females. Bagdah block registered a population growth of 15.23 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.40 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". North 24 Parganas district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Census of India 2001, Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal, Table - 4". North Twenty Four Parganas District (11). Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- From Bangaon subdivision page.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". Groundwater arsenic contamination status of North 24-Parganas district, one of the nine arsenic affected districts of West Bengal-India. SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.