|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Uluberia|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Bagnan, Amta|
As of 2001[update] India census, Bagnan had a population of 8,779. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Bagnan has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 55% of the males and 45% of females literate. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Sports and Leisures
As in many other places in West Bengal, Foot Ball and Cricket are the most popular of all sports. Foot Ball is not played with its ideal way in many places, they use a synthetic ball, popularly known as power ball which is much lighter than original Foot Ball and is played in shorter ground. Power Ball tournaments are very popular sporting event in Bagnan. Harop Seven Brothers Club is well known and one of the oldest club to organise Power ball tournament since 1993. Local Schools and Clubs sometimes arrange multiple sporting events which include athletics, Kho Kho etc.
There are few cinema halls ; Sujata,Chitrabani and Shibani. An annual Book Fair used to happen in January near Bagnan Railway Station.
Bagnan Crescent Educational Society
Bagnan Crescent Educational Society is a registered educational society established in 2006 by Professor Dr. Sheikh Abdus Samad, an educationist and scientist from village Paikpari in Bagnan 2 Block.He also established a library in Paikpari by the name of Hazi Md Azizul Haque Library, the ex-Pradhan of Antila Gram Pachayat.
Hotel & Hall
16 Parbon Restaurants & Conf. Hall, Bantul, Bagnan Hotel Gour Bar & Restaurant, Opposite Sujata Cinema Hall, Vurivoj Restaurants(Near Axis Bank ATM Nuntia)
Bantul club is a social club located at the east end of the village Bantul. It was established in 1893. This is one of the oldest club in west Bengal. Over the last hundred years Bantul Club has carved out a unique niche in our social fabric.The club used to arrange puja of goddess DURGA every year and has earned the reputation of extorting money from whatever way it could.It's the hub of the unemployed youths who waste their enterprise for work by hanging around. The club's inspiriting quote is : ANDHA JONE DEHO ALO, MRITO JONE DEHO PRAN.
- Bagnan High School
One of the best schools in Howrah district. It is near by Bagnan railway station.The school was established by providence in 1854 by the lord of HEM CHANDRA GHOSH. He had been the foster father who supplied the animating spirit to the institution. To start with the school was housed in the bunglow belonging to the ghosh family of chandrapur of late Manoharlal Seal, the Zaminder. This great institution was blessed with the sacred spirit of great immortal man like Vidyasagar and Acharya Prafulla Chandra Roy,Baghajotin,etc. The school was upgraded to a Higher Secondary School with diversified courses in 1957 when no other institution of uluberia sub-division had the opportunity to achieve such a glory.This pioneer institution of the district has successfully scaled over the high jump of 150 years.
- Bagnan Adarsha Balika Vidyalaya
One of the best girls schools in Howrah district. It is near by Bagnan railway station and Bagnan hospital.The school was established in 1964. It has a big play ground within the campus. Also it has a primary section.
- Mugkalyan High School
Mugkalyan high school is situated in village Mugkalyan. The distance of the village from Bagnan station is 6 km. The school was built in 1866 by the land lord of the village with the help of local people and educationists. In Bagnan, H.S education was started first time in this school.
There are a number of alumni of this school who have achieved glory in there work life. One of the most well known persona from this school is Professor Amalendu Bandyopadhyay, who was a senior scientist at the M.P. Birla Institute of Fundamental Research, M.P. Birla Planetarium, Kolkata. During the solar eclipse in 1996 he has given a number of lectures with spectacular slide shows on this phenomenon. Such shows also took place in local areas of Bagnan including one in Shibani Cinema Hall in Nuntia/Bhuyenrah. Another prominent alumni of this high school is Dr. Shubhendu Kr. Datta who is Professor Emeritus of University of Colorado at Boulder having been Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department for a long time.
- Benapur Chandanapara High School
Benapur Chandanapara High School is one of the important co-education Higher Secondary school in Bagnan Area. Benapur, Chandanapara, Hariharpur, Kishorepur, Rajarampur, Gopinathpur, Khajurnan and many more village's students depend on this school. A large playground is presents with the school. This school is located 9 km from Bagnan Station and almost beside of the Rupnarayana River.
- Bantul Mahakali High School
One of the oldest schools in Bagnan is Bantul Mahakali High School which was established at 1916. It's situated in village Bantul under Bagnan block - 2. It has a play ground inside the campus. The Earlier the school is only for boys but over the last few years it's upgraded for both boys and girls.The school besides offering Science and Arts in H.S also offers vocational training. From 2 January 2012 onwards, mid day meal has started. The school like other schools of Bagnan is a paragon of secular harmony as students both from the Hindu and the Muslim hosehold read together.
In Bagnan there are also some great schools like Chandravag Srikrishna Girl's High School;Bagnan Girls High School;Adarsha Balika Viddyalay;. It has a big play ground within the campus. The surroundings of the school is beautiful. Tenpur Nabasan Anantaram High School, Nabasan High School, Gupimohan High School
- D.M.B. High School
One of the best school in Bagnan . It is in Mankur.
- Baidyanathpur High School
Baidyanathpur High School is one of the important co-education Higher Secondary school in Bagnan Area. Baidyanathpu, Birkul, Masuma, Khanjadapur and many more village's students depend on this school.This school is located 6 km from Bagnan Station.
- Bangalpur U.C. High School ( H.S.)
One of the best school in Bagnan which was established at 1933. It's situated at Bangalpur under Bagnan 1 BLOCK.
- SHALUKPARA MADRASH ASHRAFUL ULOOM***
Shalukpara, Naul, Shyampur, Howrah, 711312. The only one Private Madrasha in West Bengal. Sk Samiur Rahaman
- SHALUKPARA UPPER PRIMARY SCHOOL***
Shalukpara, Naul, Shyampur, Howrah, 711312 Sk Samiur Rahaman
- Little Millenium Pre primary - KG School, 2No. BDO Office, Baghajatin Market Complex, for age to 2 yrs. to 5 yrs. Org. by Srijan Bhumi Edu Foundation Trust
There is only one college around Bagnan Station - Bagnan College. The college is affiliated to University of Calcutta. It is very near the Railway Station. Though a good number of students in Bagnan goes to this college but due to limited number of seats and lesser number of subjects, they also join other nearby colleges like Panskura College, Uluberia College, Belpukur College .
The college was founded in July 1958 with only arts faculty and the faculty of commerce was added in 1966. And after a long wait in 1974 science faculty was added.In the year 2005-06 the college authority bought about 0.26 acre of land for sports purpose.The college is accredited by the NAAC with B-grade since 2005.
The Railway Station
One of the key features of Bagnan is its Railway station. It is by far the busiest railway station in South Eastern Railway Zone within West Bengal due to its connectivity to few other major places like Amta, Shyampur etc. Being one of the busiest stations in the network, hundreds of passengers from all around Bagnan & even far-away places commute daily from Bagnan Railway Station. Few year ago the station got the facility of computerized ticketing service which helped local people to get railway tickets for any where in India. "Image of Bagnan Station".
- Barasat – Kamalpur via Champadali, Colony More, Jagannathpur, Nilgunge, Wireless More, Barasat University (Kazibari), Barrackpore Station, Talpukur, Khardah, Titagarh, Sodepur, Kamarhati, Belghoria, Rathtala, Dunlop, Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur, Kona, Salap, Ankurhati, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Birshibpur, Kulgachia, Bagnan, 58 Gate, Shyampur
- Barasat – Bagnan via Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport, Belghoria Expressway, Dunlop (Baranagar Road Station), Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur, Kona, Salap, Ankurhati, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Nimdighi, Kulgachia
- Bagdah - Barasat – Digha (Fixed Time) via Helencha, Nunchapota, Asharu, Bongaon, Chandpara, Gaighata, Habra, Ashoknagar, Guma, Bira, Duttapukur, Bamungachi, Barasat Champadali, Dakbungalow More, Madhyamgram Chowmatha, Doltala, B.T. College, Gouripur, Birati, Airport, Kaikhali, Baguihati, Kestopur, VIP Road, Ultadanga, E.M. Bypass, Chingrighata, Science City, Topsia, Bridge No.4, Park Circus, Minto Park, Rabindra Sadan, P.G. Hospital, P.T.S., Vidyasagar Setu, Carry Road, Belepole, Santragachi, Salap, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Kulgachia, Bagnan, Kolaghat, Mecheda, Nimtaori, Nandakumar, Norghat, Bajkul, Henria, Nachinda, Mahisda, Kanthi, Pichaboni, Ramnagar
- Basirhat - Barasat - Gadiara (Fixed Time) via Berachampa, Deganga, Jessore Road, Airport 1No, VIP, Khanna, Vivekananda Road, CR Avenue, Burrabzar, Howrah Station, NH6, Nimdighi, Uluberia, 58 Gate
Bus Routes Without Number
- Kolkata Railway Station - Bagnan via- Shyambazar, Chiria More, Dunlop, Dakshineshwar, Bally Halt, Rajchandrapur, Salap, Ankurhati, Alampur, Dhulagarh, Ranihati, Panchla, Uluberia, Brshibpur, Kulgachia
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bagnan
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Ring of fire:Amalendu Bandopadhyay
- Bagnan College Website