Bagnan II (community development block)
|Bagnan II (CD Block)
বাগনান II সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||29.93 sq mi (77.52 km2)|
|• Density||4,880/sq mi (1,885/km2)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5.30)|
|Literacy Rate||75.20 per cent|
Bagnan II (community development block) is an administrative division in Uluberia subdivision of Howrah district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Bagnan police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Khalor. Naupala is an urban area in this block.
Chandrabhag, a constituent panchayat of Bagnan II block, is located at.
As per 2001 census, Bagnan II block had a total population of 146,110, out of which 75,330 were males and 70,780 were females. Bagnan II block registered a population growth of 14.81 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Howrah district was 12.76 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per 2001 census, Bagnan II block had a total literacy of 75.20 per cent for the 6+ age group. While male literacy was 82.86 per cent female literacy was 67.02 per cent. Howrah district had a total literacy of 77.01 per cent, male literacy being 83.22 per cent and female literacy being 70.11 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Howrah district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Howrah District (16)". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Village Panchayat Names of Howrah,West Bengal". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 5, Howrah District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-10-15.