||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Culture and education sections are a mess. (November 2013)|
|District of Uttar Pradesh|
Location of Baghpat district in Uttar Pradesh
|• Lok Sabha constituencies||Baghpat|
|• Total||1,321 km2 (510 sq mi)|
|• Density||880/km2 (2,300/sq mi)|
|• Literacy||65.65 per cent|
|Average annual precipitation||chairman= advocate Rajudin malik mm|
Baghpat district (Hindi: बाग़पत ज़िला, Urdu: باغپت ضلع) is one of the 75 districts of Uttar Pradesh state of India, and Baghpat town is the district headquarters. This district covers an area of 1321 km². The district has a population of 1,163,991.
Baghpat is the city of National Capital Region There is a sugar mill in Baghpat. There is a lot of sugarcane, wheat, mustard and vegetables grown in Baghpat district. The Yamuna river flows to the west of Baghpat and is close by.
Baraut is known for Digambar Jain College and Jat College (now called Janta Vedic college). It is famous for the Rim & Dhura and agricultural implements industries. The well known old families of Baraut were the Ganga Ram Kishorilal family which owned agricultural land and had several mills including the Ganga Oil Mills which was famous for its pure mustard oil in the preindependence period and till the 1960s. Badagaon is another well known village famous for its Digamber Jain temple.
Baghpat district is divided into 3 tehsils: Baghpat, Baraut and Khekra. Baghpat tehsil comprises two blocks: Baghpat and Pilana. Baraut tehsil comprises three blocks: Binauli, Chhaprauli, Baraut. Khekra tehsil comprises only Khekra block. Baghpat, Baraut and Khekada are the major towns in this district. The District Magistrate and Collector's offices have been recently constructed in Baghpat.
There are four Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Sabha constituencies in this district: Chhaprauli, Baraut and Baghpat. All of these are part of Baghpat Lok Sabha constituencycurrent chairman Rajudin malik, Current MLA of Baghpat Smt. Hemlata Choudhary and MP Chaudhary Ajit Singh.
The Most famous village of Baghpat district is Chhaprauli(from where prime minister Charan Singh hailed),Panchi, KIRTHAL, [Budhera (Gurjar), Gothra, Pilana,Khatta BICHPADI PAST MLA MASHYA SH. CHAJJU SINGH FROM KHEKRA VIDHAN SABHA PrahladpurDhikauli,Katha,Noorpur, Sujra, Bazidpur, Harsana,Mandola,Khekra,Badagaon,Dundahera,Pabla,Nirpura,Khedi Jatt,Budhsani Ahir, Nawada Ahir, Singhawali Ahir, Saidhbar Ahir, Pura Mahadev, Dagarpur,Norozpur Goojar,Fakharpur,Mitli,Sisana,Katha,and Bharal. Baghpat district is also infamous for its criminal activities.Some village like Budhera have very good literacy there are many government employee in this village. There are various group of criminals also known as "Giroh" which are currently active in this region. Even after all this Baghpat is considered to be one of " The best to live in" because of its very green and healthy environment. Baghpat is also one of the most productive district in the field of sugarcane production. Baghpat is also the home town of Ajit Singh who is the son of former Indian Prime Minister of India "Ch. Charan Singh", also known as " kisano ka masheeha". Talking about the political virtue of the district, Baghpat is considered to be the safest parliamentary seat for RLD supremo Ch. Ajit Singh. He has been M.P. from this district many times. The main education hub of Baghpat is in Baraut. There are famous janta vedic college and Digamber Jain college in Baraut.
Kirthal village contains one of the ancient gurukul, namely ARYA MAHA VIDYALAYA, which is reminiscent of ancient Indian education system.
According to the 2011 census Baghpat district has a population of 1,302,156, roughly equal to the nation of Mauritius or the US state of New Hampshire. This gives it a ranking of 376th in India (out of a total of 640). The district has a population density of 986 inhabitants per square kilometre (2,550 /sq mi) . Its population growth rate over the decade 2001-2011 was 11.87%. Baghpat has a sex ratio of 858 females for every 1000 males, and a literacy rate of 73.54%.
Baghpat is situated on the bank of the Yamuna. Some of Baghpat's tourist spots are:
- Jain Mandir (Badagaon)
- Yamuna Ghat
- GufaWala Mandir
- Pura Mahadev
- Bhole ki jhaal.
- Barnawa ka Sanskrit Gurukul
- Barnawa Jain mandir
- Barnawa-DERA SACHA SAUDA
- Dhan Dhan Satguru Tera Hi Aasra
- Nageshwar Baba ka Mandir
Some of the colleges located in Baghpat are:
- Shri Yamuna Inter College (UP board)
- Jain Junior High School (UP board)
- Christu Jyoti Convent High School (ICSE)
- Shree Nehru Inter College, Pilana, Baghpat
- Shilchand Inter College, Ammi Nagar Sarai, Baghpat
- Neta Ji Subhash Smark Inter College, Budhsani Ahir, Baghpat
- DAV public School (CBSE)
- JAT (Janta Inter) College (UP board) (Vill-Sujra)
- Phoolwati Institute of Law (Baghpat)
- Samrat Prithviraj Degree college (Baghpat)
- Vanjaksh Institute & Coaching Academy (Baghpat)
- SHIER Medical Institute (Baghpat)
- Digambar Jain College (Baraut)
- JAT (Janta Vedic) College (Baraut)
- hajrilal institute of education and technology khaila ratul (Baghpat)
- Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati Shishu Mandir daha (Baghpat)
- Sunrise Institute of Professionals Studies ( Jawaharnagar Gauripur Dixt Baghpat)
- Vivekanand High School GOTHRA
- D.N. Inter College Khatta Prahladpur Baghpat
- Seith Tarif Singh Jain Degree College, Khatta Prahladpur, Baghpat
- M.G.M. Inter college Dhikauli(Baghpat)
Tehsils in Baghpat
In Baghpat there are 3 Tehsils
Blocks in Baghpat
In Baghpat there are 6 Blocks
- "District-specific Literates and Literacy Rates, 2001". Registrar General, India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved 2010-10-10.
- "District Census 2011". Census2011.co.in. 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-30.
- US Directorate of Intelligence. "Country Comparison:Population". Retrieved 2011-10-01. "Gurjars holds Baghpat they have good population in Baghpat and Khekada tehsils , and Jaats holds Baraut and Jaats have good population in Baraut and Chaprauli towns . Mauritius 1,303,717 July 2011 est."
- "2010 Resident Population Data". U. S. Census Bureau. Retrieved 2011-09-30. "New Hampshire 1,316,470"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bagpat district.|
||Panipat district, Haryana||Shamli district|
|Sonipat district, Haryana||Meerut district|
|North West Delhi district, NCT||Ghaziabad district|