|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
|• Total||433.331 km2 (167.310 sq mi)|
|Elevation||79 m (259 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (890/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali, Bengali, Oriya|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 05|
Baharagora is a small town in East Singhbhum district and situated on the south-east corner of Jharkhand, India. It is approx. 100 km from Jamshedpur & 200 km from Kolkata. Baharagora is a very important hub for transport as National Highway 6/Asian Highway 46 passes through here and almost all the Transport Companies have their transit hub here. National Highway 33 connects NH 6 at Baharagora and NH 2 at Barhi, Jharkhand.
Nearest Railway Station Chakulia 30.6 km, Jhargram 50 km & Kharagpur 70 km & Kolkata(Howrah)189 km
Baharagora became a block in the year 1956. It is located at the southern end of Jharkhand.
Baharagora is the entry point of Jharkhand from the two states, namely West Bengal and Orissa. Since it is located at the border, West Bengal is approx 12 km and Orissa is approx 7 km from there. Although the official language of the state is Hindi, the local language in the area is a blend of Bengali and Oriya. Except some government employees, all localities use either Bengali or Oriya as primary mode of education. Although people are switching to Hindi or English as their primary mode of education. In the erstwhile state of Bihar, textbooks were also released in Bengali and Oriya.
It came into headlines of Google when a 13-year old boy 'Saikat Ghosh' became the regional finalist of 'Google Science Fair' securing a position in the National FINAL.
- Chitreshwer Shiv Mandir - 12 km.
Chitreshwar Shiv Mandir
- Panchbariya Shiv Mandir - 15 km.
- Ghaspada krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Kumardubi Shiv Mandir, krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Patrasuni Mandir,Khamar - 11 km.
- Shitala Mata Mandir-1.5 km.
- Saljhatia Shiv Mandir - 9 km.
- Shiva mandir (Sandra)- 9.5 km
- Manusmuria Jaiguru Sanstha - 15 km.
- Jagannatha Mandir - 2 km.
- Shiva Mandir (hatchala) - 2 km.
- Guhiyapal Shiva Mandir
- Sri Sri Rasik Jeevan Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Baharagora
- Sri Hotteshwar Shiv Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Bahragora
- Shiv Mandir Jugalsalbni
- Maa Saragbauri Mandir Kesharda
- Shiv Mandir Kesharda
- Maa Dar basini Mandir Jugalsalboni
- Maa Kali Mandir (Kali Badi)- 0 km.
- Bhuteshwar shiv mandir -Khandamouda. from Baharagora
- Paharpur Shiv Mandir, Dungri(Kaparia)
- Jaypura Shiv Mandir , (jaupura)
- Baharagora Mosque
- 1.Baharagora High School, Baharagora
- 2.Project Girls High School, baharagora
- 3.Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Baharagora
- 4.Vivekananda International School, Baharagora
- 5.T.P.S. D.A.V Public School
TPS DAV Public School,Baharagora
Apart from these many primary schools, middle schools and high schools are present in baharagora block
- 8. Lal Bahadur Sastri (L.B.S) High School, Jaypura
- 1.Baharagora College,Baharagora
State Bank of India, Baharagora
Banks in Baharagora & around
- Central Bank of India, Baharagora, (IFSC: CBIN0281059)
- Central Bank of India, Matihana, (IFSC: CBIN0283035)
- Canara Bank, Sakra (IFSC: CNRB0004618)
- Canara Bank, Gamaria (IFSC: CNRB0001725)
- Bank of India, Guhiyapal, (IFSC: BKID0004549)
- Punjab National Bank, Jagannathpur (IFSC: PUNB0167400)
- Punjab National Bank, Darisol (IFSC: PUNB0269000)
- State Bank of India, Baharagora (IFSC: SBIN0005110)
- Jharkhand Gramin Bank
- Singhbhum District Central Cooperative Bank Ltd.
Places to See
- Netaji Subhash Children Park
- Jyoti Pahari
- Kapariya Dungri
- Subarnarekha River
- Balia Baba Ashram
- Binapani Stadium
- Chakulia Airport