|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)|
|• MLA||Bidyut Mahato ( JMM )|
|• Total||433.331 km2 (167.310 sq mi)|
|Elevation||79 m (259 ft)|
|• Density||340/km2 (890/sq mi)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||JH 05|
Baharagora is a small town in East Singhbhum district and situated on the south-east corner of Jharkhand, India. It is 95 km from Jamshedpur & 189 km from Kolkata. Kolkata–Mumbai National Highway 6 passes through it. National Highway 33 connects NH 6 at Baharagora and NH 2 at Barhi, Jharkhand.
Nearest Railwaw Station Chakulia 28.6 km, Jhargram 49 km & Kharagpur 66 km & Kolkata(Howrah)189 km
Baharagora became a block in the year 1956. It is located at the southern end of Jharkhand.
Baharagora is the entry point of Jharkhand from the two states, namely West Bengal and Orissa. Since it is located at the border, West Bengal is approx 12 km and Orissa is approx 7 km from there. Although the official language of the state is Hindi, the local language in the area is a blend of Bengali and Oriya. Except some government employees, all localities use either Bengali or Oriya as primary mode of education. In the erstwhile state of Bihar, textbooks were also released in Bengali and Oriya.
Places to visit
- Chitreshwer Shiv Mandir - 12 km.
- Panchbariya Shiv Mandir - 15 km.
- Ghaspada krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Kumardubi Shiv Mandir, krishna mandir - 16 km.
- Patrasuni Mandir,Khamar - 11 km.
- Shitala Mata Mandir-1.5 km.
- Saljhatia Shiv Mandir - 9 km.
- Shiva mandir (Sandra)- 9.5 km
- Manusmuria Jaiguru Sanstha - 15 km.
- Jagannatha Mandir - 2 km.
- Shiva Mandir (hatchala) - 2 km.
- Jaiguru Sangha Ashram - 1 km.
- Subarnarekha river- 5 km.
- Unified check gate, Jamsola - Asia's Biggest Octroi Check Post - 5 km.
- Binapani Stadium - 0 km.
- Jyoti Pahari Kynite Mine - 5 km.
- Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Park -0 km.
- Guhiyapal Shiva Mandir
- Baghmara Dumri(Charakmara) -8;km .
- Sri Sri Rasik Jeevan Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Baharagora
- Sri Hotteshwar Shiv Mandir(Benda)- 5 km. from Bahragora
- Shiv Mandir Jugalsalbni
- Maa Saragbauri Mandir Kesharda
- Shiv Mandir Kesharda
- Maa Dar basini Mandir Jugalsalboni
- Maa Kali Mandir (Kali Badi)- 0 km.
- Bhuteshwar shiv mandir -Khandamouda. from Baharagora
- Chakulia Railway Station (via Manushmuriya)- 30 km.
- Saraswat Jayguru Aasram, Manushmuria. - 14 km. from Baharagora
Schools and Colleges in Baharagora
- 1.Baharagora High School, Baharagora
- 2.K.B.High School, Gamaria
- 3.Manusmuria High School, Manusmuria
- 4.Lal Bahadur Shastri High school, Joypura
- 5.Parulia High School, Parulia
- 6.Kesharda High School, Kesharda
- 7.Kumardubi Darkhuli High School, Kumardubi
- 8.Project Girls High School, baharagora
- 9.Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir, Baharagora
- 10.Kaimi Hindi High School, Kaimi
- 11.Rashtriya Computer Saksharta Mission
- 12.T.P.S. D.A.V Public School
- 13.Chitreshwer high school
- 14.Benda Mauda middle school
- 15.Bhabani devi high school
- 16.Kanthulia middle school
- 17.Saraswati Shishu Vidya Mandir (Geeta Ashram)
- 18.L B S high school (jaypura)
- 19.Baharagora College.(Baharagora).
- 20.Ghaspada Middle school.(Ghaspada).
- 21.Khandamouda High School, Khandamouda
- 22.Gopabandhu School, Panchrulia
- 23.Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya,Balikuria
- 24.Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya,Baharagora
- 25.Chhanbaria Bankati Primary school
BANK Details in Baharagora
- 1.Central bank of india
- 2.Singhbhum Dristic Central Co_operative Bank Ltd.
- 3.Canara bank
- 4.Bank of india
- 5.State Bank of India
- 6.Jharkhand Gramin bank