The Bahawal Stadium is a cricket ground in Bahawalpur, Punjab, Pakistan. Locally known as Dring Stadium is a multi-purpose stadium located in used mostly for Cricket games. The stadium holds 15,000 people.
It was the first cricket ground in Western Pakistan to host a Test match, when it hosted the second Test of Indian cricket team in Pakistan in 1954–55 India's inaugural tour of Pakistan. However, this was the only international Test match to be held at this ground. As of 2002, 155 first class matches and 23 List A matches have been played at this ground. As Bahawalpur's cricket team has been without first class status since 2002–03, there was only one first class match and one List A match here for the three seasons following that, but the ground still hosts Under-19 matches.Bahwal stadium was a war place before. This stadium also ranked in Asia's 2nd largest stadium by area.
- List of Test cricket grounds
- List of stadiums in Pakistan
- List of cricket grounds in Pakistan
- List of sports venues in Karachi
- List of sports venues in Lahore
- List of sports venues in Faisalabad
- List of stadiums by capacity
- "Bahawal Stadium". ESPN Cricinfo. 17 June 2011. Retrieved 17 June 2011.
- First-Class Matches played on Bahawal Stadium, Bahawalpur (155), from cricketarchive.com, retrieved 16 March 2006
- List A Limited Overs Matches played in Pakistan at Bahawalpur (Bahawal Stadium) (23), from cricketarchive.com, retrieved 16 March 2006
- Bahawal Stadium, from cricinfo.com, retrieved 16 March 2006
|This article about a Pakistani sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a cricket ground is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|