Bahrain at the 2012 Summer Olympics
|Bahrain at the Olympic Games|
|At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London|
|Competitors||12 in 3 sports|
|Flag bearer||Azza Al Qasmi|
|Olympic history (summary)|
Bahrain competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, United Kingdom from 27 July to 12 August 2012. This nation marked its eighth appearance in the Summer Olympics. However, there were concerns about the nation's participation to the games due to its recent political uprising.
Bahrain Olympic Committee selected a team of 12 athletes to the Games, 8 women and 4 men, to compete only in athletics, shooting, and swimming. For the first time in its history, Bahrain was represented by more female than male athletes at an Olympic event, which did not happen before for an Arab gold nation. Most of them, however, were naturalized athletes (being born from a foreign country) in order to represent the nation in sports.
|3 ! Bronze||Maryam Yusuf Jamal||Athletics||Women's 1500 m||10 August|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
|Belal Mansoor Ali||1500 m||3:38.69||10 q||3:35.40||7 q||3:37.98||10|
|Bilisuma Shugi||5000 m||13:31.84||25||N/A||Did not advance|
|Ali Hasan Mahboob||10000 m||N/A||DNF|
|Genzeb Shumi Regasa||800 m||2:07.77||3 Q||2:01.76||6||Did not advance|
|1500 m||4:14.02||8||Did not advance|
|Mimi Belete||1500 m||4:07.01||5 Q||4:05.91||8||Did not advance|
|Maryam Yusuf Jamal||4:05.39||3 Q||4:02.18||4 Q||4:10.74||03 !|
|Tejitu Daba||5000 m||15:05.59||6 q||N/A||15:21.34||12|
|Shitaye Eshete||5000 m||15:05.48||8 q||N/A||15:19.13||10|
Bahrain has one female shooter to compete in the Olympics.
|Azza Al Qasmi||50 m rifle 3 positions||576||33||Did not advance|
Bahrain has two athletes participating in the swimming events.
|Khalid Alibaba||100 m butterfly||1:04.05||43||Did not advance|
|Sara Al Flaij||50 m freestyle||33.81||68||Did not advance|
- "14 Bahrainis to vie for Olympics gold". Trade Arabia. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 4 June 2011.
- IAAF Games of the XXX Olympiad – London 2012 ENTRY STANDARDS, IAAF, retrieved 4 June 2011