March 16, 1980 |
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb; 13.4 st)|
|Club||Kocaeli Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kağıt Spor Kulübü|
Bahri Tanrıkulu (born March 16, 1980 in Ankara, Turkey) is a Turkish taekwondo practitioner, who competed in the Men's 80 kg division at the 2004 Summer Olympics held in Athens, Greece and won the silver medal. He studied at Akdeniz University.
He is Turkey's first World and European Taekwondo champion. He was a member of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Sports Club before he transferred to Kocaeli Büyükşehir Belediyesi Kağıt Spor Kulübü. The 1.86 m (6.1 ft) tall athlete is student of physical education and sports at Akdeniz University.
Bahri is the eldest of four siblings in a family originating from Diyarbakır. His brothers Tunç and Çağrı, as well as his sister Azize perform taekwondo. While Tunç retired from active sports, Azize and Çağrı are still competing. Azize Tanrıkulu took also part at the Beijing Olympics winning the silver medal.
- 1998 12th European Taekwondo Championships in Eindhoven, Netherlands - Bronze (Featherweight)
- 1998 1st Spanish Open Teakwondo Championships in Barcelona - Silver (juniors), Bronze (seniors)
- 1999 14th World Seniors Taekwondo Championships in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Silver
- 2000 13th European Seniors Taekwondo Championships in Patras, Greece - Gold (Heavyweight male)
- 2000 Korean Chuncheon International Open Teakwondo Championships - Gold
- 2001 15th World Taekwondo Championships in Jeju, South Korea - Gold
- 2002 14th European Taekwondo Championships in Samsun, Turkey - Gold (Middleweight)
- 2002 Taekwondo World Cup in Tokyo, Japan - Silver
- 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece - Silver (80 kg)
- 2005 23rd World Universiade in İzmir, Turkey - Gold
- 2006 European Seniors Taekwondo Championships in Bonn, Germany - Silver (- 84 kg)
- 2007 Beijing - Bahri Tanrikulu of Turkey became the world champion in men's 84 kg category at the World Taekwondo Championships in Beijing. Tanrikulu defeated his Azerbaijani opponent Tavakgul Bayramov 4-0 and won gold medal. Bahri Tanrikulu beat Volodymyr Krasitsky of Ukraine in the first round, Rajabov Shokirjont of Tajikistan in the second round, Yossef Karami of Iran in the third round, Wu Ming-chieh of Taiwan in the quarter final, and Park Min-Soo of South Korea in the semi final.
- "Taekwondo Kafilesi Listesi" (in Turkish). Universiade 2005 Izmir. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Türk Sporcular 2012 Londra Olimpiyatlarında-Tekvando-Bahri Tanrıkulu" (in Turkish). GSB. Retrieved 2012-07-07.
- "Men's +80kg Taekwondo at the 2012 Summer Olympics". www.olympic.org. IOC. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "İşte, Ailede Taekwondo Sevgisi...". Siyah Kuşak (in Turkish <accessdate=2012-08-11). 2012-10-27.
- "Getting a kick out of marriage <date=2009-02-04". In My Community. Retrieved 2012-08-11.
- ETU 1998
- ETU 2000
- ETU 2002
- Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Sports Club (Turkish)