|This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.
|This article relies largely or entirely upon a single source. (April 2013)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (August 2010)|
|The Suite Life on Deck character|
Bailey in "So You Think You Can Date?"
|First appearance||"The Suite Life Sets Sail"|
|Last appearance||"Graduation on Deck"|
|Created by||Danny Kallis
|Portrayed by||Debby Ryan|
|Occupation||Student (Seven Seas High)
Salesgirl at "One of a Kind Clothes", now gift shop owned by London Tipton.
|Family||Eunice Pickett (mother)
Clyde Pickett (father)
Grammy Pickett (Grandmother)
Nine sisters (unseen)
|Significant other(s)||Cody Martin (boyfriend)|
Bailey Marie Pickett (portrayed by Debby Ryan) is one of the main characters on The Suite Life on Deck. She is from the fictional town of Kettlecorn, Kansas and pretends to be a boy in the premiere episode because there were no available places in the SS Tipton's cabins for a female. After her ruse is discovered, she is permitted to stay on board due to the departure of another female student who London Tipton bribed to leave. Bailey has also appeared on cross-over episodes of other Disney Channel series, such as Wizards of Waverly Place and Hannah Montana.
Bailey is a girl from Kettlecorn, Kansas. Although she loves her life in Kettlecorn, she wishes to explore the world around her and masquerades as a boy in order to attend Seven Seas High on the cruise liner, SS Tipton. Since Bailey doubles as a boy's name and because she has played for a boys' baseball team, she manages to become a student at Seven Seas High.
After fooling the crew into believing that she is a male, she becomes Zack's cabin-mate. At first, the two clash because Zack is messy while Bailey is more hygienic and feminine. However, after her real gender is found out by Zack, he promises to keep it a secret.
Cody quickly becomes suspicious of the two; and it's not long before Bailey's real gender is revealed to the entire crew. However, since London Tipton had a cabin to herself (after bribing her old cabin-mate to leave), Bailey was still able to stay and be cabin-mates with her. Bailey was excited at the thought of sharing with London but the Tipton heiress opposed it. Annoyed at the whole idea of staying on the SS Tipton, London flees to Parrot Island, leaving Bailey feeling responsible and guilty over her disappearance.
When everyone goes to retrieve London from the island, Bailey tags along and helps them not only escape the island, but also rescue London. Along the way, she even manages to get a pet pig named Porkers. By the time they return to the ship, London reluctantly decides to be a little more friendly to Bailey. They even started to bond, as Bailey helps London pick out fancy clothes. However, despite their friendship, London often embarrasses Bailey, especially by picking on her. In the episode "The Kidney of the Sea", she and London have an intelligence test with Porkers and London's dog, Ivana, and it is revealed that Bailey was once a cheerleader at her high school back in Kettlecorn when Porkers wins and Bailey does a victory cheer for him. In the episode "Boo You", London embarrasses Bailey by telling her internet show viewers that Bailey's underwear resembles a parachute. In the same episode, London informs her viewers that Bailey snores. When the students return after a school break in "Lost at Sea", London briefly forgets Bailey's name. In the episode "Mulch Ado About Nothing", Bailey appears to have feelings for Cody at the end of the episode. In "When in Rome", she says that a "big city" is "any place where the mayor is not a goose". In "Showgirls", Bailey receives the first detention of her school career. In "In the Line of Duty", Zack (serving as Hall Monitor) gives Bailey detention on consecutive days, once for breaking curfew with Cody and once for running in the halls with London.
In "Beauty and the Fleeced", Bailey is shown to be a good singer when she wins the originally fake pageant started by Zack, Woody, and Marcus.
In almost every episode, Bailey is shown wearing skinny jeans and plaid or checker board. In" Can You Dig It?" Princess Xaria's spirit possesses Bailey. When Cody finds out, he has to get the crown and put it on her statue. Bailey is eventually saved and Princess Xaria's spirit (a sparkly green mist) goes back in her statue. But London takes the crown because she has short-term memory, and is possessed by Princess Xaria.
Throughout the first season of the show, Bailey is oblivious to that Cody is trying to make her his girlfriend and sees only a friend in himself. At the end of the season, in the episode "Double-Crossed", after Hannah Montana gave her and Cody tickets for her concert, Bailey says to Cody "This is going to be the best date ever" and kisses him on the lips, starting their relationship. Bailey and Cody are together throughout the second season, but they end up breaking up for a short time in the episodes "Lost at Sea" and "Marriage 101", but they get back together in the same episodes.
At the second season's final episode, "Breakup in Paris", Bailey and Cody celebrate their one-year anniversary in Paris. Unfortunately, Bailey sees Cody with a "Hideous French girl", while actually he was practicing the anniversary date with London. Bailey gets upset and is cheered up by Jean Luc, who obviously has a crush on her. Cody sees this and thinks that Bailey is cheating on him. Bailey finds out the truth from London and, then, she and Cody have a major argument that results in ending of their romantic relationship. Throughout the third season of the show, it is shown that Bailey still has feelings for Cody, while he still has feelings for Bailey. In "A London Carol", an alternate future shows that Bailey and Cody are married, although the two at that point in time are still separated. In "The Play's The Thing", Cody writes a play that is an obvious portrayal of his view of his and Bailey's breakup, which causes Bailey to quit the play. Haley is killed at the end of the play and Bailey runs off crying. When Cody attempts to reconcile with Bailey, she slams the door in his face. In the three-part episode, "Twister", Bailey and Cody get back together, admitting that they never stopped loving each other.
In the series finale, "Graduation on Deck", Bailey is accepted to Yale, which Cody is not. She chooses Cody over Yale, but later decides to still go, because Cody tells her that she can't miss the opportunity, and that he will come visit her.
Like Cody, Bailey is very intelligent. Miss Tutweiller stated that her application for the ship was the most impressive of all, much to Cody's dismay. She is also very cheerful and shows fascination of the world around her. She is friendly, optimistic, and caring. She also has a deep love for her animals, in the episode "Swede Life" it is even stated that during hunting season she goes out into the woods to warn the animals. Bailey hates lying and always feels guilty of even the smallest tricks she does; however, she uses tricks on her victims if the victim deserves it (such as in "Twister: part 1" for London). Bailey enjoys corn cob art and misses her hometown Kettlecorn in Kansas. Bailey has also shown to be fanatical around celebrities such as Hannah Montana and Jordin Sparks.
- Holden (Chad Duell) - Seen only in the episodes "International Dateline" and "Boo You!", in "Boo You", Holden invited Bailey to have dinner with him, but he broke up with her due to her having thrown bread rolls and butter at him after she thought that London had set up the date with him so Bailey would get "Boo You'd." He asked out Bailey in "International Dateline". However, Bailey dumped him in this episode because he threw up on her shoes when Zack gave him bad shrimp to help out Cody.
- Moose (Hutch Dano) – It is revealed in the second episode that Moose is Bailey's ex-boyfriend. He appeared on the show in "Mulch Ado About Nothing", where he tries to convince her to come back home with him since she's homesick. Bailey, however, declines as she would miss all her friends on the SS Tipton. Bailey also reminds Moose of the real reason they broke up: he always thinks that he knows what's best for her, when he really doesn't. Also in the episode "My oh Maya" Cody worries that Moose and Bailey will get back together when she goes back to Kettlecorn because a tractor fell on her Uncle Clem. Moose also appears in "Twister part 2" and " Twister part 3". Cody goes to Kettlecorn when he hears that London and Bailey are in trouble. He wants Bailey back but it turns out that Moose had come back to win her back too. In the end Bailey settles for Cody.
- Cody Martin (Cole Sprouse) – Cody begins to get a crush on Bailey because they share similar interests, therefore he pursued her endlessly, unbeknownst to Bailey (in the first season). This lasted until the first season finale "Double Crossed", when the pair form a romantic relationship. They fought and broke up two times in the season two episodes "Lost at Sea", and "Marriage 101", but got back together both times. In the episode, "Breakup in Paris", Cody and Bailey end their romantic relationship, exactly on their one-year anniversary. Throughout the third season, it is widely implied that they still have feelings for each other. In the three-part episode, "Twister", Cody and Bailey get back together. In the episode "A London Carol", it is shown that Bailey and Cody will someday get married.
- Josh (Markus Silbiger) - In "So You Think You Can Date?", when Bailey lies to Cody about having a date for the 1980s/Medieval dance, she dates him in order to back up her lie and show off in front of Cody. However, London advises her to act dumb to impress him, since all the other boys were bothered by her smarts. She does so, but Josh gets annoyed by it and abandons Bailey in the middle of the dance.
- Jan Luke- In "Break up in Paris", Jan-Luke offers to paint Bailey. And shows hints of wanting to date her. Then, he comforts her when she cries after she sees an UN-known girl (London) in Cody's arms.
- Zack Martin (Dylan Sprouse)- Zack had a crush on Bailey for the first two(2) episodes, then in the second, Parrot Island Zack tells Cody that Bailey's all his. But Zack refers to Bailey in a few episodes that she's "Hot and smokin'." Also in Bermuda Triangle, Zack has a crush on Bailey, showing that if Cody didn't like Bailey also, he would still have a crush on her.
- Zack Martin (Dylan Sprouse) - Cody's brother and Bailey's friend.
- Porkers – a baby pig Bailey found on Parrot Island, also Bailey used Porkers to send a note to Zack and Cody. And in the forth episode, Porkers appears as Bailey's pet pig.
- Alex Russo (Selena Gomez) - The lead character in the Disney Channel sitcom Wizards of Waverly Place, she becomes Bailey's friend in the crossover special Wizards on Deck with Hannah Montana.Alex also saves Bailey's life when she falls into the hot tub.
- Maddie Fitzpatrick (Ashley Tisdale) - Maddie Fitzpatrick is a main character in The Suite Life of Zack & Cody series who appeared in The Suite Life on Deck episode Maddie on Deck, and because Bailey gave her a pretty feather dress she became friends with her, so much to the extent that she even chooses Bailey over London.
- London Tipton (Brenda Song) – London is often seen making fun of Bailey. In "Boo You!", she insults Bailey on her web show in front of millions of viewers. As an apology, London did set up a date with her and Holden. In "Mean Chicks," she hugs Bailey and admits Bailey has been a true friend. London even went as far as to tell her "twin" that Bailey was her best friend.
- Marcus Little (Doc Shaw) - Zack's cabin-mate, former singing sensation, previously known as 'Lil' Little', who leaves the ship to star in a Broadway show in New York City.Bailey and Marcus are really good friends.
- Woody Fink (Matthew Timmons) - Cody's cabin-mate who appears in numerous episodes of "The Suite Life on Deck".
- Maya Bennett (Zoey Deutch) - Zack's ex-girlfriend. Maya and Baily don't communicate too much in the series. Expect for in "Prom Night"
- Addison (Rachael Kathryn Bell) - Woody's girlfriend and one of Bailey's best friends.
- Grammy Pickett (Linda Porter) – Bailey's grandmother. She calls Bailey her "piggly-wiggly" and then both of them would snort together. In "Boo You", London said that the skirt "Grandma" made for Bailey was a tablecloth, also in episode " Mulch Ado About Nothing", Cody says to the fake Grandmother that she calls her "Bunnykins" and she makes great fudge. She finally appears in Twister parts 2 and 3, where she deeply sleeps through her birthday in part one, and wakes in part 3 to present the money she had saved to help Bailey get back on the boat after her hometown is destroyed. She also gives Zack a necklace to give to his girlfriend, Maya, thinking he is Cody.
- Eunice Pickett (Ginette Rhodes) – Bailey's mother is seen dropping Bailey off in The Suite Life Sets Sail on the first day and appears with brown hair. She is later seen in Twister parts 2 and 3 with blonde hair.
- Clyde Pickett (Joe Dietl) – Bailey's father, who appears in Twister parts 2 and 3. He starts out deeply resenting Cody and favoring Moose, but changes his mind once Cody does all he can to save the Pickett's farm.
- Myrtle (unseen) – Bailey's aunt
- Abner (unseen) – Bailey's crazy uncle
- Clem (unseen) – A great-uncle
- Cletus (unseen) – A cousin who owns an alligator farm in Miami. Bailey disembarked the SS Tipton so she could spend spring break on his farm wrestling gators, but she had to return to the ship early due to the fact that Cletus drank polluted water and she stated sadly that every gator was donated to Lizard World, an allusion to Gatorland.
- Uncle Dobbs (unseen) - Bailey's unlucky uncle who was kicked by a mule, struck by lightning and run over by a tractor who is mentioned by Bailey in Starship Tipton.
- Uncle Zeke (unseen) - another of Bailey's uncles, he was one of four of her relatives who became a prom queen in high school.
- Nine siblings (unseen) – Bailey tells London that she has six big sisters and three little ones when London says she would be the big sister she never had, to which London sarcastically responds "Wow, your mom needs a hobby".
- http://www.debbyryan.com/PROJECTS.html Debby Ryan's Official Website