Bainbridge High School (Washington)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Bainbridge High School|
|9330 NE High School Rd
Bainbridge Island, WA, Kitsap, 98110
|School type||Public Secondary|
|Motto||Non Sursum Nuntius|
|School district||Bainbridge Island School District|
|Principal||Mary Alice O'Neill|
|Campus type||Limited Open|
|Color(s)||Royal Blue, Navy & Gold
|Athletics||Boys, Girls, Co-Ed|
|Athletics conference||Metro 3A League|
The school is Bainbridge Island School District's one of two comprehensive high schools serving students in grades 9-12. Students have access to a challenging college preparatory curriculum that is augmented by a rich and diverse array of elective classes.
Many class course elective opportunities outside of the normal high school course range are available at Bainbridge High School. Some of these courses include:
- Honors English, Honors American Studies, Honors Geometry, Honors Algebra II, Honors Pre-Calc, Honors Humanities
- AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP European History, AP English Literature, AP Studio Art, AP Computer Science, AP Spanish.
- The 2006-2007 Bainbridge High School boy's varsity basketball team was ranked first in the state 3A division, won the metro league regular season title, was the KingCo district tournament champion, and second place finisher in the state 3A tournament, placing six players on post-season all-league teams.
- The Bainbridge High School lacrosse team from 1991 to 2009 has been in sixteen Championship games, winning eleven. And from 1994 to 2000 they won seven in a row. Must recently winning the 2007 High School Division 1 Lacrosse Championship
- In 2009, Varsity Baseball 3A came second in state at Safeco Field.
- The Varsity Fastpitch team won the 2009 Washington 3A State Championship, beating Holy Names Academy 6-2. The team is currently ranked 2nd in State (2010).
- In 2009, the girls 1600 meter relay team set the all-time West Sound record of 3:57.88 while finishing third in the 3A WIAA State Track & Field Championships. They finished first in the same event in 2004 and second in 2005 and 2008.
- In 2010 The Marching band took 3rd place in state for parade and 1st place for music.
- The Bainbridge High School girls lacrosse team won the 2011 Washington State Division 1 lacrosse championship, beating Lakeside School 16-8.
- The Bainbridge High School girls Junior Varsity soccer team won the 2012 Metro League.
- The Bainbridge High School girls lacrosse team won the 2012 Washington State Division 1 lacrosse championship.
- The 2013 Boys Crew took 2nd place in the Lightweight 4 event at the Junior Nationals in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
- BHS has about 1,375 students.
46% of whom in 2010 were Washington Honors Award winners in the top 10% of the nation. The class of 2010 had 78% of their students go to a 4 year college and 10% to a 2 year college.
- John D. Hawk - Medal of Honor recipient
- Laura Allen - actress (All My Children, The 4400, Mona Lisa Smile, Dirt)
- Chris Benz - Designer
- Tori Black - pornographic actress
- Chris Kattan - actor (Saturday Night Live, A Night at the Roxbury, The Middle, Undercover Brother)
- Emily Silver - 2008 Olympic Silver Medalist in the 4x100 freestyle relay
- Marcel Vigneron - chef (Top Chef (season 2) runner-up)
- John Wicks - drummer (Fitz and The Tantrums, Cee Lo Green, Bruno Mars, Money Mark)
- Dove Cameron (did not graduate) - actress (Liv and Maddie, The Mentalist, Cloud 9)
- Chris Matthews - student at University of Colorado Boulder (not to be confused with Chris Matthews, the famous American political commentator)
- Steven Gray - Professional European Basketball Player