|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Bairabi had a population of 3304. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bairabi has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 54% of the males and 46% of females literate. 19% of the population is under age six.
The main employers in Bairabi besides Agriculture are :
- Food Corporation of India Godown(F.C.I) Store house of Food Supplies
- Bairabi Thermal Power Station - Heavy Fuel Oil Based producing 22.92MW
- Modern Brick Industry, Bairabi.
- Bairabi Dam.
- Bairabi Sairang Railway line from Bairabi to Sairang, a town near Aizawl is also under construction.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "FCI weighbridge chhiat vangin Buhfaiah harsatna tâwk mai thei?". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Cheng Maktaduai 105 senga din Bairabi Thermal Plant, engtia tih zel chi nge?". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- "Mizoram to built Tourist Lodge near Serlui B Hydel Project". Orissa Diary. Retrieved 19 August 2012.
- Lalfakzuala. "Bairabi Dam Project 80MW leh TLAWNG HEP 55MW TAN MOU ZIAKFEL". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Mizoram CM: Bairabi-Sairang Railway Line Unlikely to Complete by 2014". The Northeast Times. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
|This article related to a location in the Indian state of Mizoram is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|