Baird Independent School District
|Baird Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 14|
|Location||600 W 7th St.
|NCES District ID||4809280|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||34.75 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||9.47 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Football Division II|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
Baird Independent School District is a public school district based in Baird, Texas (USA). In addition to Baird, the district also serves the town of Putnam. The district operates one high school, Baird High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $111,051,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.007 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
As of the 2011-2012 school year, Baird ISD had three schools.
- Baird High School (Grades 9-12)
- Baird Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Baird Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Baird High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, and football. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball and softball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Baird High School will play football in UIL Class 1A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Baird ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Baird High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|