|• Total||111.18 km2 (42.93 sq mi)|
|Elevation||8.83 m (28.97 ft)|
|• Density||416.3/km2 (1,078/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bajpe (Tulu, Kannada :ಬಜ್ಪೆ )is a census town located close to Mangalore city in Dakshina Kannada district in the state of Karnataka, India. It is around 18 km (11 mi) from the heart of the city of Mangalore. The Mangalore International Airport is located at Bajpe and is popularly known as the Bajpe Aerodrome. City bus number 47 connects Bajpe to Mangalore city.
As of 2001[update] India census, Bajpe had a population of 17032. Males constitute 48% of the population and females 52%. Bajpe has an average literacy rate of 92%, higher than the national average of 74.04; The male and female literacy rate are equal . 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Till 2007 Bajpe belonged to Surathkal constituency but now it belongs to Moodubidri constituency after the recent reorganization of constituencies by the election commission.
Some famous Religious Places located here are:
- St. Joseph's Church 
- Located in the center of the Village square.
- Shri Somanatheshwara Maha Ganapathi temple, Porkodi
- One of the oldest temple in the region
- Shri Ambika Annapoorneshwari Temple Sunkadakatte
- Run by Sri Sri Sri Niranjan Swamiji
- Sri Durga Parameshwari Temple Kateel
- Located around eight kilometers from Bajpe
- Sri Guru Parashakthi Mutt Marakada, Mangalore
- Located at Marakada, 8KM from Bajpe.
- Shree Rajarajeshwari Temple, Polali
- Located around ten kilometers from Bajpe
- Shree Kashi Vishwanatheshwara Temple, Talakala, Kolambe, Bajpe.
- Located Near Mangalore International Airport
- Swayambhoolingeshwara temple Doddikatta
- The main deity at the temple is Swambhoolingeshwara or Lord Shiva.
- Porkodi Shiva Temple
- Temple dedeicated to lord Shiva.Its one of the oldest temple in the area.
- Shree Shanaishchara Temple (Temple of the lord Shani)
- Near Bajpe Bus stand, Kateel Road.
- Shri. Adinatheshwar Temple, Adyapadi
- Temple of shiva
- Muhiyudeen Jumma Masjid
- Close to Bajpe Bajpe
Bajpe is also home to several educational institutes. Some of the prominent ones in this town are listed below:
- St Josephs PU college
- Sri NiranjanaSwamy education institutions,Sunkadakatte
- Morning Star(Airport) School
- Parochial School
- Little flower girls School
- Holy Family Girls convent
- Popular English Medium school
- Ansar English Medium School
- BAMA International School
MGM college of engineering
Bajpe used to be a predominantly a agricultural land . presently many have moved to gulf countries for a better livelyhood. ONGC has a multi crore project near Bajpe.aromatic complex has been set up by ONGC in 442 acres,which is closer to Bajpe.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.