|Princess of Thailand|
|Princess Bajrakitiyabha in 2010|
|House||House of Mahidol
|Father||Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn|
7 December 1978 |
Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand (Thai: พัชรกิติยาภา; Thai pronunciation: [pʰátɕʰaráʔ kìtìjaːpʰaː]; RTGS: Phatchara Kitiyapha; Literally: "Princess Bajrakitiyabha, the Royal Granddaughter"; affectionally known as Princess Pa or Patty,) was born on 7 December 1978. She is the first grandchild of King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit of Thailand, and the only child of Crown Prince Maha Vajralongkorn with Princess Soamsavali.
|Thai Royal Family|
Princess Bajrakitiyabha studied at the all-girls Rajini School when she was in elementary and junior high school. She moved to England and began her secondary education first at Heathfield School in Ascot, finishing at the Chitralada School.
She received a bachelor's degree in Law from Thammasat University, and another in Political Science from Sukhothai Thammatirat University with first class honours. She continued with her master's degree and doctoral degree at Cornell Law School in New York State, and received her J.S.D. degree from there in 2005. On May 12, 2012 she received a doctorate of law honoris causa from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law.
On completion of her doctorate Princess Bajrakitiyabha worked for a time at the Thai Permanent mission to the United Nations, in New York City, before returning to Thailand. In September 2006 she was appointed Attorney of the Office of the Attorney General in Bangkok, and currently appointed to Office of the Attorney General of Udonthani province. She runs the "Kamlangjai" or "Inspire" project to reach out to Thai women in incarceration including pregnant inmates and their babies, and intends to assure that female and pregnant inmates are given adequate assistance and prepare them to mingle with society after their releases. She is also working on the project called "ELFI" - "Enhancing lives of Female Inmates", which proposes new rules on the treatment of women prisoners and non-custodial measures for women offenders as a supplement to the 1955 Standard Minimum Rules for the Treatment of Prisoners Another project that the princess is taking care of is "Friend in need of "PA" " or "Princess Pa foundation". Her mother, Princess Soamsavali and the princess founded the foundation in 1995 when there was a big flood in Bangkok. This foundation aims to help poor people in rural areas, and people affected by natural disasters. On 4 September 2012 she was named Ambassador to the Republic of Austria.
Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand
|Reference style||Her Royal Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Royal Highness|
- Dame Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant
- Dame Grand Cordon (Special Class) of The Most Noble Order of the Crown of Thailand
- Dame Grand Cross (First Class) of The Most Admirable Order of the Direkgunabhorn
- King Rama IX Royal Cypher Medal (First Class)
|Ancestors of Bajrakitiyabha|
- "Commencement 2005: Cell phones, cameras, congratulations, challenges and a princess". Cornell University News Service. 29 May 2005. Retrieved 21 October 2011.
- "Her Royal Highness Princess Bajrakitiyabha Mahidol of Thailand and ABA President-elect Laurel G. Bellows to address 2012 IIT Chicago-Kent graduates".
- Hrh Princess Bajrakitiyabha Will Serve As Attorney Of The Office Of The Attorney-general – Thailand Forum. Thaivisa.com (21 August 2006). Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
- [dead link]
- Enhancing the lives of female inmates. Unodc.org (23 April 2009). Retrieved on 19 September 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Princess Bajrakitiyabha.|
- The Friend in need of "PA"'s official website
- The Kamlangjai foundation's official website
- The Children's Foundation, Phramongkutklao Hospital's official website
- "ELFI" project
- Official website of the Office of the Attorney General, Thailand
BajrakitiyabhaBorn: 7 December 1978
|Line of succession to the Thai throne
Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana
|Order of precedence|
The Princess Mother
of the King's First Grandchild
|The Royal Grandchild||Succeeded by