The cover of Bakegyamon vol. 5
|Written by||Mitsuhisa Tamura|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Sunday|
|Original run||2006 – 2007|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Negishi|
|Network||TV Tokyo (2006-2007)|
|Original run||April 3, 2006 – March 26, 2007|
Bakegyamon (妖逆門?) is an anime and manga series. Kazuhiro Fujita created the original concept. Mitsuhisa Tamura created the story and art of the manga. The series ran in Shōnen Sunday from 2006 vol. 13 through 2007 vol. 16.
VIZ Media published it in English in the United States as BakéGyamon: Backwards Game. Chuang Yi published the manga in English in Singapore as Bakegyamon. In France Sakka published the manga. The anime aired on TV Tokyo. It also aired on Cartoon Network in Taiwan and on Hero in the Phillipines.
Sanshiro's chances of having an adventure are slim to none in his tiny island hometown, until the day a mysterious stranger invites him to play a game... Without warning, Sanshiro is taken to a backwards universe to play BakéGyamon—a game pitting monsters against monsters. Along the way he meets other players who have a particular reason for being there—to obtain the wish that is granted to the winner. But how far can Sanshiro get when the monsters he's been paired with are a bunch of little mud balls?
- "BakéGyamon." VIZ Media. Retrieved on November 2, 2009.
- National Library Board, Singapore. "Bakegyamon. 2 / story & art by Tamura Mitsuhisa ; original concept, Fujita Kazuhiro.". nlb.gov.sg. Retrieved 12 April 2015.
- "Sakka official page". Sakka. Retrieved 3 January 2009.
- Official TV Tokyo website (Japanese)
- Bakegyamon at the Internet Movie Database
- Aeschliman, Lesley (Blogcritics.com). "Manga Review: Bakegyamon Volume Five by Mitsuhisa Tamura". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Monday, January 16, 2012.
- Bakegyamon (anime) at Anime News Network's encyclopedia
|This anime-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|