Baker City Municipal Airport
|Baker City Municipal Airport|
|IATA: BKE – ICAO: KBKE – FAA LID: BKE|
|Serves||Baker City, Oregon|
|Elevation AMSL||3,373 ft / 1,028 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Baker City Municipal Airport (IATA: BKE, ICAO: KBKE, FAA LID: BKE) is a city owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) north of the central business district of Baker City, in Baker County, Oregon, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Baker City Municipal Airport covers an area of 398 acres (161 ha) at an elevation of 3,373 feet (1,028 m) above mean sea level. It has three asphalt paved runways: 13/31 is 5,095 by 100 feet (1,553 x 30 m); 17/35 is 4,359 by 75 feet (1,329 x 23 m); 8/26 is 3,670 by 140 feet (1,119 x 43 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 13, 2010, the airport had 16,200 aircraft operations, an average of 44 per day: 77% general aviation, 22% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 37 aircraft based at this airport: 76% single-engine, 3% multi-engine, 8% helicopter, and 14% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for BKE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Airport page at Baker City website
- Baker Aircraft, the fixed base operator (FBO)
- Aerial image as of May 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for BKE, effective March 6, 2014
- Resources for this airport: