|• Chairman||Reshma devi yadav|
|• Total||2.24 km2 (0.86 sq mi)|
|Elevation||142 m (466 ft)|
|• Density||5,800/km2 (15,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bakewar is a town and a nagar panchayat in Etawah district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. It is 22 km from district headquarters Etawah. Bakewar is famous for its very good education system, Agriculture Training Institute and for National highway no. 2. Bakewar is situated at national highway no. 2 (Mughal Road). It is between Agra and Kanpur, the two biggest cities of Uttar Pradesh. Agra is 145 km north and Kanpur is 135 km on south of Bakewar. Bharthana is the nearest railway (11 km) of Bakewar, situated in the east.
Bakewar is located at  It has an average elevation of 142 metres (465 feet)..
As of 2001[update]'s India census, Bakewar had a population of 13,053. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bakewar has an average literacy rate of 59%, lower than the national average of 79.9%; with 69% of the males and 54% of females literate. 18% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Janta Degree College and Janta Vidyalay Inter College is well known for its quality education. It was established around five decades ago, is famous for its discipline, dedication towards students, teachers and vocational courses. All credit goes to Mr Anand Swaroop Mishra ji, Honourable founder of both the colleges. It is currently offering Courses in Bachelor Of Science [in Biotechnology, Computer Science, Industrial Chemistry, Math, Biology, Agriculture etc.], Bachelor of Commerce, Master of Science [in Math, Physics, Agriculture, Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biotechnology, etc.] and Postgraduate diploma in computer application.
Places of interest
- LAKHNA KALKA TEMPLE- Lakhana Kalka Mandir, located at Lakhna (a nearby town) three km away from Bakewar. This place has historical importance as it is a place of Bakasur, who was killed by Bhima of Mahabharata during their visit there. This place has the photo of wife of Bhima.
- Khera, located at Chakarnagar (a nearby town), 13 km from Bakewar.
- Temple Of Devi Sati located at one KM on Bharthana Road. Devi Sati temple is the symbol Of faith of the people's of Bakewar and many other villages near about.
- MAGHAI A huge pond called Maghai covered two-thirds of town Bakewar and it provides security to peoples of Bakewar by antisocial elements.
- Dairy Plant is huge plant situated on Auraiya Road, is highly productive place, where milk is collected, stored and send to other big dairy plant for further processing.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bakewar
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
Chambal river is also a place of interest. there is too much fun.