|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013)|
|Named for||Bakhtiyar Khilji|
|• Official||Magadhi, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bakhtiyarpur is a city and a notified area in Patna district in the state of Bihar, India. "'Bakhtiyarpur"' is under the Patna Shahib lok shabha constituency. It is also a vidhan shabha constituency of bihar in Patna District under the Barh sub-division of Bihar state. It is the major railway station in Danapur railway division.
As of 2001[update] India census, Bakhtiyarpur had a population of 32,288. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bakhtiyarpur has an average literacy rate of 53%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 63% of the males and 37% of females literate. About 18% of the population is under 6 years of age.
1. Dena bank 2. Bank of india 3. Patliputra cooperative bank 4. State bank of india 5. Punjab national bank 6. IDBI bank 7. Central bank of india 8. Canara bank 9. Corporation bank 10. Bank of baroda
1. R.L.S.Y. COLLEGE 2. N.J.S. COLLEGE 3. Sanskrit College
1.St. John's school 2.Middle school Bakhtiyarpur 3.Middle school Dedaur 4.Ganesh high school 5.karnauti high school 6.krishna sudarshan school 7.Girls high school, etc.
Jagdamba sthan, Ram mandir, thakurbari, catholic church, and mosque is also available.
- Rail link
Bakhtiyarpur Railway Station is located on the Howrah–Delhi main line and is about 46 KM away from Patna. It is also situated on the Bakhtiyarpur-Tilaiya line for connecting Rajgir, Biharshariff and harnaut of Nalanda district.
Patna Airport is the nearest airport. Another international airport is developed near Bakhtiyarpur in nalanda for Nalanda University. Gaya international airport is also close to Bakhtiyarpur city in the distance of approx 120 K.M.
Bakhtiarpur is connected to Patna by 4 lane expressway in the west, Bihar Sharif in the south and Barh in the east. Frequent bus service is available for these places.It is also connected to Patna by a 2 lane NH parallel to the ganga River. A 4 lane bridge Bakhtiyarpur-Tajpur Bridge is also on construction for connecting patna district to Samastipur district.
Famous People from Bakhtiarpur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "The Buddha and the Sahibs" by William Dalrymple
- Scott, David (May 1995). "Buddhism and Islam: Past to Present Encounters and Interfaith Lessons". Numen 42 (2): 141. doi:10.1163/1568527952598657.
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|