Baku Ferris Wheel
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Baku Ferris Wheel|
|Construction started||September 2013|
|Opening||10 March 2014 (first passengers carried)
12 March 2014 (opened to general public)
|Height||60 metres (197 ft)|
The wheel is 60 metres (200 ft) tall and has 30 cabins, each holding eight people. It makes a complete turn in 30 to 40 minutes.
- Ilham Aliyev attended the opening ceremony of a modern observation wheel in the new boulevard section of the National Seaside Park
- "Quaint landmark of new Baku". topnews.az. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Himelfarb, Ellen. "Baku: Fairmont Everyone's an Original". www.everyonesanoriginal.com. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Orujova, Nigar. "Baku citizens to celebrate New Year in air". www.azernews.az. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- Baku Boulevard testing new “Ferris wheel”
- Panorama of Baku from new Ferris wheel