Baku National Stadium
|Owner||Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan|
|Broke ground||6 June 2011|
|General contractor||Tekfen Construction, Turkey|
|Azerbaijan national football team
2015 European Games
UEFA Euro 2020
Baku National Stadium (Azerbaijani: Bakı Milli Stadionu) is a retractable roof football stadium currently under construction in Boyuk Shor, Baku, Azerbaijan, and planned to be opened in February 2015. The main tenant of the stadium will be Azerbaijan's national football team, who will move from their current home at the Tofik Bakhramov Stadium when it is completed. Stadium construction is being done by the Turkish company Tekfen.
The stadium will have a capacity of 68,000 and will be based on Boyuk Shor settlement. The project is being funded by the SOCAR. The stadium has been awarded to the Turkish company Tekfen Construction and Installation Co.,Inc. with a Design&Build contract. The opening of the stadium is due in 2015.
Along with the stadium, there will also be built a number of hotels, parking venue (total 3,617 car places), and green space (81,574 square meters).
The venue will host games for the Azerbaijan national football team as well as concerts. Baku Olympic Stadium will fulfil FIFA's and UEFA's highest technical recommendations and elite stadium obligations for football stadiums and is automatically qualified to arrange tournaments and qualification games in European Football Championships.
- "Bakıda tikilən Olimpiya Stadionu nə vaxt istifadəyə verilir?". rekord.az (in Azerbaijani). Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- Bakıda böyük stadion tikintisi planlaşdırılır (Azerbaijani)
- Ölkədə ən böyük stadionun tikintisinə başlanacaq (Azerbaijani)
- "Azerbaijani leader, FIFA president lay Olympic stadium foundation". news.az. Archived from the original on 8 June 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- "Bakıdakı yeni stadionda 41 lift və 3617 avtomobil 7 dayanacaq olacaq". Ayna.az. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2011.