Location of Balışeyh within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Ali Dedelioğlu (MHP)|
|• District||676.82 km2 (261.32 sq mi)|
|Elevation||871 m (2,858 ft)|
|• District density||9.5/km2 (25/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Balışeyh is a town and district of Kırıkkale Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to 2000 census, the population of the district is 13,702 of which 3,344 live in the town of Balışeyh. Balışeyh is a historical town and thought to be built in the time of Seljuks.
Beside Balışeyh's own municipality, there are two more ones which are Municipalities of Kulaksız and Koçubaba. There are 26 villages administrated by these municipalities.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Archived from the original on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-19.
- "Belediyeler" (in Turkish). Retrieved 2008-03-25.[dead link]
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Balışeyh, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Kırıkkale Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|