|Headquarters||Ann Arbor, Michigan|
Janet Fry, President;Denise Johnson, General Counsel & Tax Compliance Manager
Balance Consulting LLC is a company that provides training and advisory services for tax information reporting (IRS Forms 1098, 1099, W-2G, and others), accounts payable, and sales and use tax to businesses. On November 6, 2009 Balance Consulting was formally purchased by 1099 Pro, Inc.
IRS Committees and Industry Partner
Balance Consulting employees have served on the IRS Information Reporting Program Advisory Committee (IRPAC) and the IRS Electronic Tax Administration Advisory Committee (ETAAC), a public forum for electronic tax administration issues and the electronic interactions between tax professionals and the IRS.
- Gannett Company
- Coors Brewing Company
- Limited Brands
- Lego Group
- Stanford University
Balance Consulting has a wholly owned subsidiary, Manchester Incorporated, established in 1995, which develops 1099 reporting software for processing tax information returns and provides outsourcing services for Forms 1099 and 1042-S.
- "Year-end planning: IRS set to expand audits of payments to nonresident aliens." Managing Accounts Payable 05-10 (Oct 2005): 2. General OneFile. Gale. Ann Arbor District Library (AADL). 5 Mar. 2008 
- "What G/L pros need to know to get 1099s completed for 2002." Managing the General Ledger, Dec 2002 p5.
- "Are you up on the new-for 2006 rules for year-end?(FORM 1099)(Conference news)." Managing Accounts Payable 06-12 (Dec 2006): 1. General ONEFILE. Gale. Ann Arbor District Library (AADL) 5 Mar. 2008
- Schaeffer, Mary S. Accounts Payable: A Guide to Running an Efficient Department, pages 246-247. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2004.
- Information Reporting Program Advisory Public Meeting
- IRS Selects New Members and a Chairman for ETAAC
- In 2006, clients included 78% of all Fortune 100 companies and 70% of all Fortune 500 companies.
- Manchester website (http://manchester1099.com)
- National Underwriter Life & Health
Company announced that it has closed effective April 22, 2009.