Balance of power
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Balance of power (disambiguation))
|Look up balance of power in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Not to be confused with Power Balance.
Balance of power may refer to:
- Balance of power (federalism), distribution of power between a central government and its subnational governments
- Balance of power (parliament), the power exercised by a minor political party whose support enables a minority government to obtain office
- Balance of power (international relations), parity or stability between competing forces
In popular culture:
- "Balance of Power" (drama) 1975 play written by Alan Melville and performed on BBC Radio 4
- Balance of Power (album), a 1986 album by Electric Light Orchestra
- Balance of Power (band), a British melodic progressive metal group formed in 1995
- "Balance of Power" (Red Dwarf), a 1988 episode of the TV series Red Dwarf
- "The Balance of Power" (Minder), an episode of the TV series Minder
- Balance of Power (Star Trek), a 1994 Star Trek:The Next Generation novel by Dafydd Ab Hugh
- Balance of Power (video game), a 1985 geopolitical strategy computer game
- Separation of powers, a model of governance characterized by checks and balances among branches of government
- Consociationalism, a form of government involving guaranteed group representation
- Balance of terror
- Balance of threat
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.