|Type||Limited liability partnership|
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|Key people||Bernard Liautaud, Mark Evans, Tim Bunting, Daniel Waterhouse, Suranga Chandratillake|
|Total assets||$2.2 billion|
Balderton Capital is a London, UK-based venture capital firm that invests early-stage, primarily in Europe-based technology and internet startups.
Originally founded in 2000 as Benchmark Capital Europe, Balderton Capital became fully independent in 2007.
Balderton has invested in more than 100 startups since its inception in 2000.
Notable investments have included:
For more of Balderton's investments, see Crunchbase article.
Since 2008, Balderton has had 8 prominent exits, including Betfair ($2B IPO), Bebo ($850M sale to AOL), NaturalMotion ($527M sale to Zynga), Scansafe (sale to Cisco), Lovefilm (sale to Amazon.com), Yoox ($700M IPO), Icera ($367M sale to Nvidia) and MySQL ($1B sale to Sun Microsystems).
- "Financial Times - Liautaud joins Balderton Capital". 2008-06-15.
- PE Hub http://www.pehub.com/2014/01/suranga-chandratillake-joins-balderton-capital-as-gp/
|url=missing title (help).
- "Crunchbase Balderton".
- . Bloomberg http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-30/zynga-cuts-jobs-acquires-rival-for-boost-mobile-growth.html. Missing or empty
- "Betfair's IPO soars as investors embrace social gaming". VentureBeat. 22 October 2010.
- "Bebo sale to AOL nets founders a fortune in 3 years". Guardian. Retrieved 14 March 2008.