Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000
|Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE
СЖД Дб (SZhD Db)
|Type and origin|
|Builder||Baldwin Locomotive Works|
|Model||0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE|
|AAR wheel arr.||C-C|
|Gauge||1,524 mm (5 ft)
1,520 mm (4 ft 11 27⁄32 in) Russian gauge
|Locomotive weight||122.6 tonnes (120.7 long tons; 135.1 short tons)|
|Engine type||Four-stroke diesel|
|Generator||736 kW (987 hp)|
|Traction motors||DC traction motors, 181 kW (243 hp), 4 off|
|Maximum speed||97 km/h (60 mph)|
|Power output||746 kW (1,000 hp)|
|Locomotive brake||Straight air|
|Operator(s)||Soviet Railways (СЖД / SZhD)|
|Number(s)||Дб20-71 to Дб20-100|
The Baldwin 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DE is a cab unit diesel-electric locomotive built by Baldwin Locomotive Works in 1945. The 0-6-6-0 1000/1 DEs were powered by an eight-cylinder diesel engine rated at 1,000 horsepower (746 kW), and rode on a pair of three-axle trucks in a C-C wheel arrangement. 30 of these models were built for Soviet Railways, today Russian Railways, as Class Дб (transliterated as Class Db).
||former US Army 2460–2489|
- The Museum of the Moscow Railway, at Paveletsky Rail Terminal, Moscow
- Rizhsky Rail Terminal, Home of the Moscow Railway Museum
- Varshavsky Rail Terminal, St.Petersburg, Home of the Central Museum of Railway Transport, Russian Federation
- History of rail transport in Russia
- "The Baldwin Diesel Zone - Magazine Article". Retrieved 26 February 2009.
- "The Baldwin Diesel Zone - Export Diesels". Retrieved 26 February 2009.
- Extra 2200 South Baldwin Tally part 1 by Dick Will pages 23–24 October November 1970.