Balekudru Shrimatha is the Gurupeetha for the Shivalli Smartha Brahmins who are spread across Northern part of Udupi District and Western parts of Shimoga District. The ashrama is headed now by Shri Shri Narasimhashrama Swamiji.
Baalekudru Sreematha follows the Advaitha Parampara of Shri Adi Shankaracharya, the uplifter of Sanaatana Dharma. This is the only Advaitha Peeta in entire Dakshina Kannada and Udupi districts. This is a Shakha Matt of Uttaraamnaya Badari Jyotish Peetham Jyothirmath ,Joshimutt Uttarakhand. Shivalli and Kandavara Smarta Brahmins are the disciples of this Shri Matha historically. This Shri Matha has hundreds of years of history and is stated to be founded by Kaivalyashrama Swamy. This is the ‘Sannidhi’ of Lord Lakshminarasimha and Goddess Sharadamba. This is situated in a place by name ‘Hangaarakatte’ located in between the National Highway of Udupi-Kundapur which is near the confluence of ‘Sita’ and ‘Swarna’ rivers. The beautiful idol of the God Shri Lakshminarasimha is stated to be brought from Badari Kshetra by Kaivalyashrama Swamy. In the premises of the Shrimatha, there are temples of Shri Sangameshwara, Lord Ganesha and Lord Anjaneya. In Kandaavara of Kundapur taluk, there is a branch of Shrimatha by name ‘Hutturu Matha’..
- Antiquities of South Kanara (1969), Prabhakara Press.P. Gururaja Bhatt, Antiquities of South Kanara, Prabhakara Press, 1969, 31 pages.
- Studies in Tuluva history and culture: From the pre-historic times upto [sic] the modern (1975) B. Srinivas Kakkilaya, "The History of Shivalli Brahmins", July 25, 2005.
- Saletore, B.A., Ancient Karnataka History of Tuluva, vol. I, 1936.
- Official website
- Balekudru Shreematha on Google+
- Shivalli Smartha Brahmins
- Shri Nrasimhashrama Swamiji takes over as seer of Balekudru Math
- Shri Nrasimhashrama Swamiji participated in the Jayanthi Mahotsavam & Amritotsavam at Kanchi - Ati Rudra & Sahasrachandi Mahayaga from 30th May to 9 June 2010 at Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam
- Nrasimashrama Swamiji participated in Vishwagou Sammelana organized by Shri Raghaveshwara Bharathi Swamiji of Ramachandrapura Matha
- Nrasimashrama Swamiji participating in Anti Cow slaughter movement with Shri Shri Viswesha Theertha Swamiji of Pejavara Matha