Balerno railway station
|Balerno railway station in 1962|
|Post-grouping||London Midland and Scottish Railway|
|1 August 1874||Station opens |
|1 November 1943||Station closes (LMS Last train)|
|1 June 1949||Station closes (BR Officially)|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Opened by the Caledonian Railway, it became part of the London Midland and Scottish Railway during the Grouping of 1923, and that company ran the last train to use the station. However the line passed on the Scottish Region of British Railways on nationalisation in 1948, to be then closed officially by the British Railways Board.
|Preceding station||Historical railways||Following station|
The site today
The station master's house remains standing, in the site which has been landscaped as part of a garden. 
- Butt (1995)
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on the Balerno Loop
- Balerno Station on navigable O. S. map
- Picture of the station
|This Scotland railway station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|