From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Balkhi (Persian: بلخی, "from Balkh") may refer to:
- Abu Ma'shar al-Balkhi (787-886), Persian astrologer, astronomer and Islamic philosopher
- Abu-Shakur Balkhi (915-?), Persian poet
- Abu Zayd al-Balkhi (850-934), Persian geographer, mathematician, physician, psychologist and scientist
- Hiwi al-Balkhi, 9th century exegete and Biblical critic
- Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Balkhi (1207-1273), better known in the English-speaking world as Rumi, Persian Muslim poet, jurist, theologian and Sufi mystic
- Rabia Balkhi, semi-legendary Persian poet believed to have lived in the 10th century
- Ibn Balkhi, a conventional name for a 12th-century Iranian historian and author of the Persian book Fārs-Nāma
- Balkhi (sheep), a breed of sheep
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.