Ball Park Franks
It currently comes in the following varieties:
- Original Meat Franks
- Original Beef Franks
- Bun Size Meat Franks
- Bun Size Beef Franks
- Turkey Franks
- Angus Beef Franks
- "Big, Tasty, Ball Park Franks."
- "They plump when you cook 'em."
A Frankfurt, Germany, meat-packing company called Hygrade Food Products won a competition in 1959 to be the exclusive supplier of hot dogs to the Detroit Tigers stadium. Hygrade Food Products launched a contest to its employees in order to come up with the best brand name for their Detroit Tigers stadium hot dogs. Mary Ann Kurk, one of Hygrade Food Products sales people at the time, won the contest with the name "Ball Park Franks". She won a leather living room chair and a cash prize of $25 ($202 as of 2014). It was from this venue that Ball Park Franks gained notoriety and became a mainstay in American pop-culture. Sara Lee acquired Hygrades from Hanson Industries in 1989.
- Ball Park
- Ball Park Franks: Plump When You Cook 'Em!
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Video Gallery - Famous Speeches - The History Channel
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|