Ballard Designs is a catalog and online retail company that sells European-inspired home furnishings. Its parent company is Cornerstone Brands and it is a subsidiary of HSN Inc. (NASDAQ: HSNI). There are currently two retail stores in Florida and three outlet stores, two near its corporate headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia and one near its distribution center in West Chester, Ohio. Customers are able to shop in-store, online or through a catalog by calling a toll free number.
Ballard Designs was founded in 1983  by Helen Ballard Weeks. Ballard Weeks got her start in the retail industry after winning Metropolitan Home magazine's home decorating contest. When the photos of her Buckhead condo were published, more than 500 readers contacted the magazine asking where they could buy Ballard Weeks's furniture and accessories, especially a dolphin-based table. A year later, Ballard Weeks quit her job, sold her home and started Ballard Designs. The first catalog was a two-page black-and-white brochure featuring a replica of the dolphin-based table from her home. It became Ballard Designs' first big seller.
In 1996 Ballard Designs merged with Cornerstone Brands, publisher of several home and apparel catalogs, including Frontgate, Garnet Hill and Smith+Noble. Cornerstone Brands was acquired by IAC/InterActive Corp in 2005 and later became a subsidiary of HSN, Inc. In 2007, Ballard Designs opened its first retail store in Tampa and expanded less than a year later to Jacksonville.
Ballard Weeks continued to serve as Chief Executive Officer of Ballard Designs until she retired in 2002. She also served as a member of the Board of Directors of Cornerstone Brands.
In December 2012, Ballard Designs launched the Ballard+ app, an augmented reality shopping application developed by Marxent Labs which allows consumers to interact with the Ballard Designs catalog using their iOS device.
- "About Us". Ballard Designs. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Cornerstone Brands part of IAC spin-off". Business Courier. August 21, 2008. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Retail & Outlet Locations". Ballard Designs. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Order Information". Ballard Designs. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Leslie, Katie (August 10, 2008). "Ballard Designs Celebrates 25 Years of Offbeat Home Décor". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Del Franco, Mark (July 23, 2007). "Ballard Designs Opens First Store". MultiChannel Merchant. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- "Helen Ballard Weeks". Forbes. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- Dave Larsen (22 December 2012). "Marxent launches “tap-to-buy” catalog app". Dayton Daily News. Retrieved 6 May 2014.