Ballast Point (Tampa)
|• Total||1.70000 sq mi (4.40298 km2)|
|• Density||2,900/sq mi (1,100/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Ballast Point is a neighborhood located in the city of Tampa, Florida along Hillsborough Bay, a section of the larger Tampa Bay in Hillsborough County, in the United States of America. The ZIP code serving the area is 33611. The boundaries are W. Gandy Blvd. to the north, Bayshore Trails Dr. (which is just north of MacDill Air Force Base) to the south, Hillsborough Bay to the east and S. MacDill Ave. to the west. Also included are the homes and businesses on the west side of the street of S. MacDill Ave., Gadsden Park on S. MacDill Ave. and the adjacent ELAPP Property which is part of the South Tampa Greenway.
The Ballast Point neighborhood is home to Ballast Point Park, Gadsden Park, Ballast Point Neighborhood Association and Ballast Point Neighborhood Watch.
Geography and Climate
According to the Hillsborough Community Atlas who lists the City of Tampa as their source of information, the neighborhood has a total area of 1.7 mi².
According to the Hillsborough County Atlas, who lists the 2010 United States Census as their source of information, the neighborhood had a total population of 4,940.
- George Wilkens (27 July 2011). "Months later, Ballast Point still picking up the pieces". The Tampa Tribune, South Tampa News. Retrieved 2 June 2013.
- Ballast Point Neighborhood
- Ballast Point Neighborhood Association
- Ballast Point Neighborhood Watch
- Florida Memory Project photos of old Ballast Point
- Hillsborough County Atlas - Ballast Point Neighborhood Association Area