Balloon Farm (TV film)
Home video release cover.
|Directed by||William Dear|
|Produced by||Kevin Inch|
|Written by||Steven Karczynski, Jerdine Nolen|
|Music by||Richard Marvin|
|Distributed by||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Release date(s)||March 28, 1999|
|Running time||92 minutes|
Balloon Farm is a 1999 television movie that stars Rip Torn, Mara Wilson and Laurie Metcalf. The movie was produced and premiered as part of The Wonderful World of Disney series. The movie is based on the book Harvey Potter's Balloon Farm by Jerdine Nolen.
The farming community of Watertown is struggling to survive a severe drought. Harvey Potter (Rip Torn) arrives in the community by renting a farm, which neighbors think is foolish. However, one day young Willow (Mara Wilson) passes by Potter's field to find his crop is full of magical, colorful balloons. Townspeople, with the exception of Weasel Mayfield (Roberts Blossom), believe that this a good sign that the drought may end soon. When the rough times continue to plague the community, the community turns against Harvey until Willow reminds everyone about the power of faith and the magic that Harvey has brought through the balloons.
- Rip Torn as Harvey Potter
- Mara Wilson as Willow Johnson
- Laurie Metcalf as Casey Johnson
- Roberts Blossom as Weasel Mayfield
- Fredric Lane as Jake
- Richard Riehle as Earl
- Ernie Lively as Tom Williams
- Arnetia Walker as Crystal
- Lee Garlington as Maggie
- Guy Boyd as Mayor
- Neal McDonough as Sheriff
- Rudee Lipscomb as Marcy
- TCM: Balloon Farm (1999)
- Heffley, Lynne (1999-03-27). "Rip Torn, Mara Wilson Help Keep Disney's 'Balloon Farm' Aloft". LA Times. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- Balloon Farm DVD Retrieved 05-01-2012