Baloch Students Organization
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2010)|
The Baloch Students Organization (BSO) was founded on 26 November 1967, as a nationalist student organization in the Pakistani part of Balochistan. The main objectives of BSO are to organize and educate Baloch youth politically for the liberation of Balochistan.
BSO is currently divided into three factions, BSO (Pajjar), BSO (Mengal) and BSO (Azad). The faction BSO (Azad), which was founded by ex-chairman Dr Allah Nazar Baloch in 2001, is led by Baloch Khan. It struggles peacefully for the liberation of Balochistan. It is also part of an alliance called Baloch National Front (BNF), which comprises of different political parties of Balochistan.
BSO supports the struggle for the freedom of Balochistan and in defense of Baloch rights . BSO (Pajjar), led by Ameen Baloch, has affiliated itself with the National Party (NP). Pajjar's views have been expressed incoherently, sometimes showing itself as an indirect apologist for the alleged state atrocities.
The third faction BSO (Mangal), led by Muhiudeen Baloch, has affiliated itself with the Balochistan National Party (BNP). BSO (Mangal) believes in the right of self determination. Both NP and BNP believe in more provincial rights and greater autonomy for Baluchistan province. They struggle within the parliamentary framework of Pakistan.
The aims and objectives of BSO (Azaad), as set out on their website, are as follows:
- To struggle for Baloch national liberation and for the restoration of an independent and sovereign Baloch national state.
- To organize Baloch students on one platform and to bring apprehension of necessity of organized struggle for the hatred of national vassalage, and for national emancipation in order for Baloch to play a role in the struggle of national liberation.
- To bring national consciousness to Baloch students and youth, to avert them from drug addiction and social and moral mischiefs.
- To struggle for the promotion and circulation of Balochi and Brauhi language.
- To struggle on scientific grounds for education of critical and creative abilities in Baloch students.
- To promote consciousness in Baloch students for Baloch history, civilization and culture.
- To struggle on scientific grounds in light of principles and regulations of evolution for national liberation.
- To struggle against tribal, feudal, pre-capitalist means of productions, religious, linguistics and racial sectarianism and to create in students a national, class and social consciousness for their future guidance and leadership.
- To splendor / glory / prosper the ideological unanimity or B.S.O. with other international progressive students community.
- To struggle for development and promotion of civilization of Balochistan and culture, and bring inclination and keenness regarding Balochi language, literature and Baloch nation’s other regional languages literature in Baloch students.
- For achievements of instant, immediate and long-term goals of working class Baloch people to struggle along with labourers, fisherman, peasants, youths, social and democratic organizations of women and other progressive forces.
- For strengthening the international peace to support the national liberation movements of the world, and support ideologically and practically forcing action against imperialism, colonialism and oppressing systems of neo-colonialism, different shapes of racism, fascism and retrogression.
- To struggle for the reformation of Baloch national units on historical and geographical grounds.
- Aims and Objectives, Baloch Students Organization Azaad.
- Official web site of the BSO azad
- Balochistan National Party website
- Exclusive Interview of Brahmdagh Bugti by Qurat ul ain Siddiqui
- The end of BSO?, Malik Siraj Akbar, January 4, 2009
- Political Terrorism: A New Guide to Actors, Authors, Concepts, Data Bases, Theories, & Literature by Albert J. Jongman, Alex Peter Schmid, ISBN 1-4128-0469-8