Balrothery (Irish: Baile an Ridire) is a village located in Fingal, Ireland. The name Balrothery comes from the Irish Baile an Ridire (meaning Town of the Knight)  The town has also been called in Irish Baile Ruairí (Town of Ruairí).
The village is located about 2 km south of Balbriggan on the old N1 Dublin Belfast road.
Balrothery is also the name of two baronies, largely obsolete administrative units, the origins of which date back to the Norman conquest. The original feudal barony of Balrothery was held in 1343 by Richard Costentyn for one knight's fee, one of the seven which constituted the overlordship of Fingal dating back to 1208. Balrothery East and West are 2 of the 10 administrative baronies within the former Dublin County. Since 1994, the barony has been an integral part of the county known as Fingal. The village is dominated by the tower of the medieval church of St. Peter, which stands on the southern edge of the village.  The church has now been deconsecrated and functions as the local heritage centre.
Balrothery has one primary level national school, named after the saint Oliver Plunkett. Most students continue second level education in Balbriggan Community College, Loreto College, Balbriggan for girls, Skerries Community College or Gormanston College.
- Balrothery Balbriggan Tennis Club located in the village's Glebe South Park. A Tennis Ireland approved club serving Balrothery, Balbriggan and surrounding areas.
- North County Cricket Club founded in 1985 after a merger of Balrothery and Man-O-War cricket clubs.
- Balrothery Football Club
- Local Gaelic Athletic Association clubs include O'Dwyers GAA in near-by Balbriggan and Man-O-War GFC to the south of the village.
- Balbriggan Golf Club borders Balrothery village.
- Anne Cassin - RTÉ news and television presenter.
- John Mooney & Paul Mooney - Irish International Cricketers.
- Mikey Graham - Actor and member of Irish boyband Boyzone
- Rory O Connor - Musician Cloud Castle Lake
- Brief history of Balrothery and surrounding areas
- St. Oliver Plunkett's, Balrothery National School online
- North County Cricket Club
- Balrothery Balbriggan Tennis Club Tennis Ireland approved club serving Balrothery, Balbriggan and surrounding areas.
- Balrothery Angling Club (Wavin Lake & Delvin River)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balrothery.|
|This geographical article about the Dublin area is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|