From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up bam in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bam is commonly used as an onomatopoeia for a sound, mostly that of an impact or collision.
Bam or BAM may also refer to:
- Battle Mountain Airport (IATA airport code: BAM) in Battle Mountain, Nevada, United States
- Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley, California, United States
Companies and organizations
- Build America Bonds issued or insured by Build America Mutual, from April 2009, through the end of 2010, as part of the Federal Stimulus program.
- BAM! Entertainment, a dormant software company
- Bell Atlantic Mobile, now Verizon Wireless
- Books-A-Million, an American book retailer
- Bromma Air Maintenance
- Brooklyn Academy of Music, a performing arts center in Brooklyn, New York
- Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung, Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Berlin, Germany
- Koninklijke BAM Groep (Royal BAM Group) is a Dutch construction firm.
- Bidirectional Associative Memory, a type of neural network
- Binary Angular Measurement or Binary Angular Measurement System (BAMS)
- Block availability map, a computer file system of Commodore DOS
- Burst Activity Management, a CAI Networks product feature
- Business activity monitoring, real-time monitoring of business processes
- BOINC Account Manager (BAM!), part of the Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing
Entertainment and media
- BAM! Volume 1, an album by Sister Hazel
- BAM (magazine), a defunct San Francisco music magazine
- Bianca Montgomery and Maggie Stone (BaM), characters on the soap opera All My Children
- Bonnier Amigo Music Group
- Bam County, an administrative subdivision of Iran
- Bam Anguri, a village in Fars Province, Iran
- Bam-e Badami Qarqani, a village in Fars Province, Iran
- Bam-e Gurinja, a village in Fars Province, Iran
- Bam Qaleh Sharif Khani, a village in Fars Province, Iran
- Bam, Gilan, a village in Gilan Province, Iran
- Bam, Esfarayen, a village in Esfarayen County, North Khorasan Province, Iran
- Bam, Jajrom, a village in Jajrom County, North Khorasan Province, Iran
- Bam, South Khorasan, a village in South Khorasan Province, Iran
- Bam Rural District, an administrative subdivision of Iran
- Bam (neighborhood), Tirana, Albania
- Bam Province, Burkina Faso
- Bambara language ISO 639 code
- Bosnia and Herzegovina convertible mark, the ISO 4217 currency code for the currency of Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bam Bam Bigelow, former American professional wrestler
- Bam Childress, a professional American football player
- Bam Margera, professional skateboarder and television personality
- Mohan Bam, Nepalese judoka
- Peter Poulton, a UK radio presenter who is also known as Bam Bam
- Bars and Melody, a UK singing/rapping duo who are also known as B.A.M
- Baikal Amur Mainline, a Siberian railway line
- Bamford railway station, coded BAM
- Bière–Apples–Morges Railway, a railway company in Switzerland
- Brain Activity Map Project, an attempt to record from every neuron in the human brain.
- Baluchi Autonomist Movement a Baluchi ethnic nationalist group.
- BAM (material) a ceramic alloy, Aluminium magnesium boride
- BAM Racing, a NASCAR racing team
- Bar Mitzvah or Bat Mitzvah
- Board-a-match, a form of scoring at duplicate bridge
- Buque de Acción Marítima, offshore patrol vessels of the Spanish Navy
- Populus balsamifera, the balsam poplar
- Business Activity Monitoring
- Beta Attenuation Monitoring, a common analytic technique for measurement of particle content in gas flow.
- Bam, a slang term for a Scottish urban youth who engages in hooliganism
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.