The museum is located in the centre of Banbury by the Oxford Canal. Its displays present the history of the town. They include the English Civil War, Banbury as a market town in Victorian times, the Oxford Canal, and Tooley's Boatyard next to the museum. The boatyard is a scheduled ancient monument that can be visited on a guided tour. The museum's collections include 17th century costumes.
Banbury Museum is run by Cherwell District Council. It was previously located near Banbury Cross. The current location is near Spiceball Park. It is accessible over a bridge from the Castle Quay Shopping Centre or via Spiceball Park Road. Admission to the museum is free. The town's tourist information centre is located in the museum entrance in the Castle Quay Shopping Centre. the museum and information centre is not open on Sundays
- List of museums in Oxfordshire
- History of Banbury, Oxfordshire
- Tooley's Boatyard, next to the museum
- "SP4540: Oxford Canal and Castle Quay Shopping Centre, Banbury". Geograph, UK. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Banbury Museum". Culture 24, UK. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Banbury Museum". North Oxfordshire, UK. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Banbury Museum Tooley's boatyard". Cherwell District Council, Oxfordshire, UK. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
- "Banbury Museum". Cherwell District Council, Oxfordshire, UK. Retrieved May 16, 2011.
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|