Paliparan ng Bancasi
Tugpahanan sa Bancasi
|IATA: BXU – ICAO: RPME|
|Operator||Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines|
|Location||Barangay Bancasi, Butuan City|
|Elevation AMSL||43 m / 141 ft|
Statistics from the Air Transportation Office.
Bancasi Airport (Filipino: Paliparan ng Bancasi, Cebuano: Tugpahanan sa Bancasi) (IATA: BXU, ICAO: RPME), also known as Butuan Airport, is an airport serving the general area of Butuan City, located in the province of Agusan del Norte in the Philippines. It is the only airport in the province and largest in the Caraga region. The airport is classified as a trunkline airport, or a major commercial airport, by the Air Transportation Office, a body of the Department of Transportation and Communications that is responsible for the operations of not only this airport but also of all other airports in the Philippines except the major international airports.
Bancasi Airport will receive Php 45.5 million pesos in subsidy for expansion of the apron, improvement and expansion of vehicular parking area, construction of drainage system, and construction of concrete hollow block fence.
Airlines and destinations
|Cebu Pacific||Cebu, Manila|
operated by PAL Express
Incidents and accidents
- Philippine Airlines Flight 475 (PR 475) with a tail number of RP-C3224 overshot the runway of Bancasi Airport on October 26, 2007 with 148 passengers on board. 19 injuries were reported.
- Cebu Pacific Air Flight 220 (5J 220) with tail number of RP-C3195, an Airbus A319, went off the runway of Bancasi Airport on February 15, 2014 with 105 passengers on board. No injuries were reported.
- Volume of Air Passengers and Air Cargo (Air Cargo in Metric Tons) Air Transportation Office, retrieved April 23, 2009
- "Some hurt as PAL plane misses Butuan runway". GMA News Online. Oct 26, 2007. Retrieved Feb 17, 2014.
- "CAAP shuts down Butuan airport after CebuPac runway mishap". InterAksyon.com. Feb 15, 2014. Retrieved Feb 17, 2014.