List of Digimon Data Squad characters
||This anime and manga-related article describes a work or element of fiction in a primarily in-universe style. (October 2009)|
- 1 DATS (Digimon Data Squad/Digital Accident Tactics Squad)
- 2 Damon family
- 3 Digimon and Digital Entities
- 4 Primary antagonists
- 5 Other minor characters
- 6 Notes
DATS (Digimon Data Squad/Digital Accident Tactics Squad)
DATS is a government organization that deals with the Digimon incidents.
Marcus Damon (大門 大 Daimon Masaru?, Masaru Daimon in Japanese version) is a hot headed fourteen-year-old student and the main protagonist, who loves to fight (which also includes street fighting) and, in his own way, considers himself to be an "ultimate fighter". He was born on April 2, and lives with his mother, Sarah, and younger sister, Kristy. Marcus meets and fights Agumon in what becomes a stalemate, the incident resulting with Marcus becoming a member of DATS and gaining Agumon as his partner. Unlike other members of DATS, Marcus tends to personally get involve in a fight with Digimon as the act of punching a Digimon activates his DNA. Eventually, Marcus learns of his father's connections to both DATS and the Digimon. Eventually, after restoring peace between the human and Digital Worlds, Marcus decides to stay in the Digital World and help Agumon keep the peace where he was seen approaching a feuding group of Goblimon and Shamanmon.
Agumon (アグモン?) is Marcus's Digimon partner, different from the usual Agumon from Digimon Adventure, due to the bound red leather belts on his arms. Pursued upon entering the real world by DATS, who code-named him Raptor-1, Agumon crosses paths with Marcus. After gaining the ability to assume his champion form GeoGreymon when Marcus gained his Digivice, Agumon became both his Digimon partner and a member of DATS. Furthermore, Agumon is accepted by Marcus' family and allowed to live in the Damon household. Agumon tends to call Marcus "Boss" (兄貴 Aniki?) and his obsession with eating leads to comical moments. In the final episode, Agumon gained the ability to assume Burst Mode in the final battle with King Drasil.
- GeoGreymon (ジオグレイモン Jiogureimon?): Agumon's Champion form, a Dinosaur-type Digimon who is a more fight-capable version of Greymon. Agumon first became GeogGreymon to fight Kokatorimon (Cockatrimon).
- RiseGreymon (ライズグレイモン Raizugureimon?, RizeGreymon): Agumon's Ultimate form, a Cyborg-type Digimon with flight capability and a gigantic revolver on his left arm, which is made out of Chrome Digizoid, that he uses in his Trident Revolver attack. Agumon first achieves this form when Marcus' desire to protect his family awakened during the battle with Garudamon (in a state of insanity).
- ShineGreymon (シャイングレイモン Shaingureimon?): Agumon's Mega form, a Light-Dragon Digimon whose armor is made of Red Digizoid and fights with both accumulated solar energy and the GeoGrey Sword. He first appeared to defeat BioThunderbirdmon. Other than assuming Ruin Mode once, ShineGreymon gained the ability to assume his Burst Mode during the battle with Belphemon. Unlike Ruin Mode, ShineGreymon Burst Mode can effectively control his power while wearing an aura of solar-class high-energy flames.
Thomas H. Norstein
Thomas H. Norstein (トーマ・H・ノルシュタイ Tōma H. Norushutain?) is a 14-year-old boy genius who graduated from the Stockholm Royal University of Science at the age of 13. His abilities are considered elite, even within DATS. He bases his operations on data and theoretical principles, and, as such, his personality clashes with Marcus' (similar to Tai's rivalry with Matt). His mother is Japanese and his father is a prominent Austrian aristocrat named Franz Norstein. Originally living with his mother, Thomas was traumatized by her death when she was hit by a speeding truck while he was young,and was forced to live with his father and younger half-sister, Relena, who suffers from a strange disease which has been Thomas's motivation for attending the university. When Kurata reveals to have a cure for Relena's condition, Thomas is forced to betray his friend. However, Thomas knew that Kurata was only using Relena as a hostage and faked siding with him to destroy the remote control to Belphemon. In the series epilogue, Thomas receives the Nobel Prize in Medicine at Stockholm City Hall for finally finding a cure for Relena's illness.
- Gaogamon (ガオガモン?): Gaomon's champion form, a beast Digimon that resembles an Akita. Gaomon first became Gaogamon to deal with a swarm of DemiMeramon.
- MachGaogamon (マッハガオガモン?): Gaomon's Ultimate form, a cyborg Digimon who carriers a back-mounted rocket engine with enormous propulsive power. Although his flight duration is limited, MachGaogamon momentarily exploits his maximum thrust in hit and run attacks. Gaomon first achieves this form when Thomas overcomes MetalPhantomon's nightmare spell, awakened his Digi-Soul.
- MirageGaogamon (ミラージュガオガモン?): Gaomon's Mega form, a Beast Knight Digimon who, with his Blue Digizoid armor, can move at blurring speed. He was first used to defeat the first forms of the Bio-Hybrids (defeating BioStegomon). Later, during the fight against LoadKnightmon, MirageGaogamon assumes Burst Mode.
- MirageGaogamon Burst Mode: In this mode MirageGaogamon reaches the limits of his abilities and wears a weapon and an aura of planetary-class high-energy.
Yoshino "Yoshi" Fujieda (藤枝 淑乃 Fujieda Yoshino?) is the oldest member of the main DATS group, having a habit of saying, "This is the worst!". Despite her mature demeanor, she has a severe inferiority complex that stemmed from being unable to be as good as her sisters at anything. As a result, years later, Yoshi is secretly worried about being useless to anyone and thus acts like a big sister figure to her teammates. Only Lalamon was aware of this and eventually helps Yoshi gain self-confidence in herself. In the series aftermath, Yoshi becomes a police officer alongside Miki and Megumi.
Lalamon (ララモン Raramon?) is the Digimon partner of Yoshi, a plant Digimon who came to the real world as a Digi Egg due to Yoshi performing at a piano recital as a child. Lalamon speaks her mind and is very honest; her partnership with Yoshi founded on mutual trust. She is employed throughout the series as one of the main forms of comic relief. She once regressed to Budmon.
- Sunflowmon (サンフラウモン?): Lalamon's champion form, a plant Digimon who bathes in the sunlight to become energetic with increased strength. Lalamon first becomes Sunflowmon to fight against Kunemon prior to the Digimon turning the tables when he digivolves into Flymon.
- Lilamon (ライラモン Riramon?): A fairy Digimon who is Lalamon's ultimate form, first appearing to fight Mammothmon after Yoshi finally invoked her own DNA. Her feminine appearance should not be taken to heart, as she demonstrates considerable power.
- Rosemon (ロゼモン Rozumon?): Lilamon's human-like mega form, a fairy Digimon referred to as the queen of flowers. Lalamon first assumes the form when Yoshi learns to harness her new power and helps defeat the first forms of the Bio-Hybrids (defeating BioQuetzalmon). Later, during the fight against Leopardmon, Rosemon gains the ability to assume Burst Mode.
- Rosemon Burst Mode: In this mode Rosemon reaches the limits of her abilities and wears an aura of love and beauty. She wears a "Tifaret": a jewel engraved with the symbol of love and beauty.
Keenan Crier (野口 郁人 Noguchi Ikuto?, Ikuto Noguchi and nicknamed Ikuto (イクト Ikuto?) in Japan) is the youngest and newest member of DATS. Prior to it, he was a wild child resembling a native American who ended up in the Digital World in a freak DigiGate accident. Raised by Frigimon, Keenan saw her as a mother and took her death at the hands of Kurata's forces hard to the point of hating humans and believing in defending the peace of the Digital World from them is vital. Keenan causes trouble for the DATS group when they arrived to the Digital World until he is slowly gains a new perspective of humans, and is actually impressed with some of their kind and honorable acts. He is especially taken by Marcus, who seems to actually care for his well-being, despite their initial hostilities, and with his ideas of nobility and honor.
Being forced to enter the human world against his will, Keenan learns of his true human parents whom he eventually denounced to keep them safe. Soon after joining DATS, Keenan moves in with the Damon family and eventually learns the truth behind the death of Frigimon. In the series epilogue and having fully reintegrated into society, Keenan attends middle school with Kristy Damon.
Falcomon (ファルコモン Farukomon?) is Keenan's Digimon partner, an owl-like ninja Bird Digimon who is also a servant of Merukimon. With the exception of Keenan, Falcomon distrusted humans and went to the human world on his own to retrieve Biyomon. However, while DATS came to the Digital World to face Merukimon, Falcomon's views on humans in general begin to change as entering an unsteady alliance with Marcus and Thomas to save Keenan from the virus that was afflicting him and Yoshi. Eventually, Falcomon follows Keenan in joining DATS.
- Peckmon (ペックモン?): Falcomon's Champion form, an ostrich Bird-type Digimon with great speed and agility.
- Crowmon (ヤタガラモン Yatagaramon?): ("Crowmon" in the English dub) Falcomon's Ultimate form, a Bewitching cyborg Bird-type Digimon with a jet-black body. This form is first assumed in response to Keenan's rage towards Kurata for having his Gizumon-XT destroy Merukimon.
- Ravemon (レイヴモン Ravmon?): Falcomon's Mega form, a Digimon armed with the Bird King Sword (Chououmaru katana in the original Japanese). This form is first assumed in response to Keenan's rage towards Kurata while using Belphemon's body to battle the DATS team for hurting Falcomon (as Crowmon) and bragging about the Digimon he has killed previously. During the fight with Leopardmon, Ravemon assumes his Burst Mode.
- Ravemon Burst Mode: In this mode Ravemon reaches the limits of his abilities and wears all the energy within the atmosphere as an aura.
Commander-General Homer Yushima (湯島 浩 Yushima Hiroshi?, Commander Hiroshi Yushima in the Japanese version) is the chief officer of DATS, and is a former private investigator as well as a member of the expedition to the Digital World. When the series began, he appeared to Marcus as a fisherman, giving him his Digivice. The old man would appear again, mostly at opportune times, to give Marcus advice pertaining to his latest challenge. The facts about him were later revealed when he journeyed to the Digital World in order to aid Marcus and the others in their first encounter with the Digimon Merukimon. Yushima was eventually forced to help them escape back to the Human World, and disappeared in a cave-in inside Merukimon's lair. He later reappeared, captured by the Digimon riding on ElDradimon, until it was revealed that the Digimon saw Marcus' (who was also present) father as their savior, and they were set free. Later, Yushima helped in the fight against the Gizumon, attempting to prevent their attacking, ElDradimon but it was in vain, as ElDradimon was transported to the Human World via a Digital Gate and later destroyed.
Voiced by: Naozumi Takahashi (Japanese), Jeff Nimoy (English) Kamemon is Yushima's Digimon partner, though this fact was not known for some time. He can digivolve to his Champion form Gwappamon and later his Ultimate form Shawujinmon. The Digimon typically appeared doing grunt work in DATS headquarters, and his relationship with Yushima was not known until the old man called on him to help him in Merukimon's lair. He disappeared along with Yushima, later reappearing on ElDradimon, where he finally spoke a full sentence (although, the group's surprise at this caused him to retract his head into his shell). He later helped in the fight against the Gizumon attacking ElDradimon. When the Data Squad won the fight, he decided to return to the Digital World with the others.
Commander Richard Sampson, known in the Japanese version as Captain Rentarō Satsuma (薩摩 廉太郎 Satsuma Rentarō?) is Marcus Damon (Masaru Daimon), Thomas H. Norstein (Tohma H. Norstein), and Yoshino "Yoshi" Fujieda's superior officer, responsible for giving them orders and supervising all operations from the base. More often than not, his purpose was to delegate to his subordinates from the command center. However, when Akihiro Kurata's machinations led to his team being dissolved, he was arrested. Presumably broken out by his digimon partner, Kudamon, he rejoined his team. When they resolved to try to enter the Digital World, Sampson and Kudamon were forced to remain behind, and hold off the three mysterious beings known as Kouki, Ivan, and Nanami, who had the power to turn into Digimon. Sampson and Kudamon battled them, and were last seen in an explosion. The two later return in Episode 41, with Kudamon being able to Digivolve into Sleipmon.
Before the start of the series, Sampson was a private investigator who worked with Homer Yushima. After investigating multiple missing persons cases, they came to learn that the disappearances were the result of the opening of numerous gates that led to the strange realm known as the Digital World. Sampson and Yushima joined an expedition into the Digital World, where they came to know Marcus's father, Spencer. However, they were forced to return to the Human World without him. After this, Spencer somehow managed to send something to the human world - Sampson and Yushima's partners, Kudamon and Kamemon, as well as the data for the Digivice. Sampson then became the Commander of the Japanese branch of DATS.
Kudamon is Sampson's Digimon partner, who is commonly seen curled around his partner's neck, like a scarf. Though he does not fight much, he has the power to digivolve into his Champion form, Reppamon, as well as his Ultimate form, Qilinmon, and his Mega form, Kentaurosmon. In episode 40, he first told the DATS squad that he was, in fact, one of the Royal Knights and was sent there from orders from King Drasil to keep an eye on the human race.
Miki and Megumi
Miki Kurosaki (黒崎 美樹 Kurosaki Miki) and Megumi Shirakawa (白川 恵 Shirakawa Megumi) are the DATS' computer operators. They tamper with the two PawnChessmon, and primarily aid the team from the control room. It is they that usually identify a Digimon when it appears in the real world. After their DATS branch was disbanded, Miki and Megumi were left behind with Keenan's family while the rest of the team went to the Digital World. They were present in the battle of Belphemon and aided the team by digivolving their PawnChessmon, after the final battle against Yggdrasil they left DATS and became police officers working with Yoshi and Commander Sampson. Both of them are utterly crazy about Neon and Thomas.
PawnChessmon (Black) and (White)
The two PawnChessmon are Miki and Megumi's two Digimon partners. While they are both completely silent, they aid the group from behind the scenes, working on the computers at DATS, on occasion they also help the team outside of DATS. They protected Marcus, Thomas and Yoshi with their shields and then digivolved into KnightChessmon, to help in the fight against SaberLeomon's army of Boarmon and Pteramon. Later in the final battle against Belphemon they digivolved into RookChessmon and BishopChessmon to fight alongside their comrades.
Dr. Spencer Damon
The legacy of Dr. Spencer Damon, known in the Japanese version as Professor Suguru Daimon (大門 英 Daimon Suguru?) is felt throughout the series, even though he does not appear in it personally at first. He is Marcus's father, and a member of the expedition to the Digital World. When the group was forced to escape back to the human world, he stayed behind to make sure they could escape, and for a while, it was unknown what happened to him. That is, until the answers were revealed by the Digimon called Merukimon. Spencer had remained back in the Digital World in order to seek out the "God" of the Digital World named Yggdrasil. Before that, however, he created the Digivice, and sent the data for it to the human world along with Kudamon and Kamemon. After making a deal with Merukimon to preserve the peace of both worlds, he departed. Over time, he was joined in his search by BanchoLeomon until they found King Drasil (Yggdrasil), but things went wrong and by the time Marcus and gang confronted King Drasil, it used Spencer's soulless body as its own. The soul of Spencer himself was taken in by BanchoLeomon at the last second when the Royal Knights advanced on them. However, thanks to his friend's sacrifice, Spencer was restored and King Drasil was purged from his body. Spencer returns to his family at the end of the last episode.
Similar to his son Marcus, Spencer displayed super-human fighting abilities, singlehandedly beating SaberLeomon, and also fought Merukimon at a standstill.
BanchoLeomon is the partner of Dr. Spencer Damon of Digimon Data Squad, and is a Beast Man Digimon. He is one out of five Beast Man Digimon that earned the title of "Bancho" in the history of the Digital World. He wields a tanto named "Dankon", and wears a "GAKU-RAN".
Sarah Damon, known in the Japanese version as Sayuri Daimon (大門 小百合 Daimon Sayuri?), is Marcus and Kristy's mother, as well as Spencer Damon's wife. When she first appeared, she reacted somewhat casually to Agumon's presence, giving the impression that she was somewhat simple-minded. However, it was eventually revealed that she had been knowledgeable of the existence of Digimon for some time. Though kind and supportive of her son, she is somewhat fearful when he voiced that he had to go to the Digital World and stop the machinations of Kurata. Her memories of the family's time with Agumon were temporarily erased, but that seems to have been reversed. She later appears to give the former DATS team dinner, and is very dumbfounded when meeting BanchoLeomon for the first time. It was also revealed in some episodes that Sarah is a very talented cook, often Marcus, Agumon and the others starting to wolf down her cooking.
Kristy Damon, known in the Japanese version as Chika Daimon (大門 知香 Daimon Chika?): Kristy is Marcus's sister. She was immediately taken with and friendly towards Marcus's rival and friend Thomas, and it was her wish that he escort her and her mother on her birthday. She can be seen as a bit of a crybaby sometimes this could be she has the emptiness in her heart of her father and acts a bit bratty sometimes wanting her own way Later, Kristy befriended a newly hatched Digimon who eventually became Biyomon (Piyomon), but this relationship ended when Biyomon was struck down, and later driven to madness after being revived. When her friend was finally defeated, Kristy was happy to know her friend no longer had to suffer. Later, her memories of her experiences with digimon were apparently erased by the Confidentiality Ministry, but she seems to have regained them. By the end of the series, she has become partners with Biyomon, evolving him twice with her DNA (although without the use of a Digivice)
Biyomon is the partner of Kristy Damon. Biyomon resembles a large, pink bird with blue-tipped feathers on his head, and a ring on one of his legs. He Digivolves from Puwamon, and into Aquilamon, which in turn Digivolves into Garudamon. Biyomon was defeated by RizeGreymon when it Digivolved into Aquilamon and Garudamon. He later returned without any memories of Kristy and what happened when he was in the human world the first time. In the last episode he got some of his memories back and Kristy and Garudamon helped stop the advancement of the Digital World that was in collision course with the human world. Biyomon later returned to the Digital World to help restore it.
Digimon and Digital Entities
Yggdrasil (イグドラシル Igudorashiru?) is the name of a fictional character in several iterations of the Digimon franchise, named after the world tree from Norse mythology. It primarily factors into the backstory written for the Digimon virtual pets and card game, which is a background storyline that is less prominent and often contradictory to the various anime. It appears as a character in Digital Monster X-Evolution and Digimon Savers.
In the continuities it appears in, although always presented as being very mysterious and powerful, Yggdrasil is the master computer that controls the Digital World, the otherworldly realm home to all Digimon. Due to this position of power, it is always presented as the "("God") of the Digital World", overseeing its survival and, in some cases, destruction.
In two of the continuities in which he appears, Yggdrasil has command over the majority of the thirteen Royal Knights.
Though Yggdrasil is relatively new to the Digimon mythos, a similar character exists in the Digimon Adventure and Digimon Tamers continuities named ENIAC. ENIAC, as the first computer, laid down the foundations of the Digital World, and because of his unique nature, he exists in multiple universes all at once. ENIAC appears only in the series of games starring Ryo Akiyama for the Wonderswan, and is part of one of Ryo's attempts to defeat the evil Millenniummon. As an added note, ENIAC's appearance in the game, as a clear orb sitting upon a pedestal, is practically identical to Yggdrasil's appearance in X-Evolution.
In "The Data Squad's Final Battle", King Drasil refers to the WIZ9000 Computer (The T-9000WZ in the dub). WIZ9000 is a reference to the company WIZ, which Bandai has worked alongside with and helped lay down the groundwork for the original Digimon virtual pet.
Digital Monster X-Evolution
In the animated movie, Digital Monster X-Evolution, which is based on the Digimon Chronicle storyline created by Bandai in conjunction with the Pendelum X virtual pet and card game, the original Digital World was cultivated and populated with Digimon by Yggdrasil. However, the continuous multiplication of Digimon left the computer unable to handle the data load, resulting in an apocalyptic event known as the "Digital Hazard" that saw the Digital World begin to collapse. Yggdrasil initiated "Project Ark," hand-picking a small number of Digimon to survive the catastrophe and transplanting them to a new Digital World it had created. However, Digimon who survived the death of the old world by way of the mysterious "X-Antibody" have appeared in this new Digital World, disrupting Yggdrasil's plans.
In order to move Project Ark into its second phase - the complete extermination of the Digital World and all Digimon life - Yggdrasil created an experimental being, Dorumon, from whose data it created a vast army of DexDoruGreymon, as well as his personal protector, DexDorugoramon, who later became Dexmon. Discovering Yggdrasil's true intentions, the Royal Knight Gallantmon turned on him, and after becoming an "X-Digimon" himself, he sent Dorumon to his comrades, Omnimon and Magnamon, in an attempt to bring an end to the fighting.
In the Royal Knights' stronghold, Dorumon was revealed to be Alphamon, the legendary leader of the Knights. This was enough to convince Omnimon to face Yggdrasil, and he went with Alphamon to seek counsel with his master, defeating DexDorugoramon and Dexmon, who barred their way. It was then that Yggdrasil initiated the second phase of Project Ark, and the Digital World began to die as the DexDoruGreymon swept across it, reality crumbling in their wake. To stop the computer's scheme, Omnimon - transformed by Alphamon's X-Antibody - struck his master down with his "All Delete" attack, destroying Yggdrasil and allowing the Digital World to be reborn.
Later, Omnimon and Gallantmon speculated on Yggdrasil's intentions. For all that he had done, a reason remained unclear to both Knights - but in the end, Gallantmon believed that Yggdrasil had, just as all Digimon had been, fighting against his own inevitable destruction.
Digimon Data Squad/Savers
('Yggdrasil 7 D6/WIZ9000), and true form Yggdrasil_7D6 Voiced by: Rika Fukami (Japanese), Jonathan David Cook (English)
Yggdrasil T-9000WZ Voiced by: Rika Fukami (Japanese), Mona Marshall (English)
Yggdrasil's True Form Voiced by: Rika Fukami (Japanese), Mari Devon (English)
In Digimon Savers, Yggdrasil, called King Drasil in the English dub, is a pivotal figure in the storyline, particularly in the show's final story arc.
Yggdrasil is first mentioned by Merukimon(Mercurimon), who, ten years before the start of the series, told of Yggdrasil's existence to Spencer Damon(Daimon Suguru), the father of series' protagonist Marcus Damon(Daimon Masaru). Spencer and Merukimon departed, with the former stating that he would seek out Yggdrasil himself.
Years later, it seemed that Spencer had found Yggdrasil with BanchoLeomon's help, only to be shocked at the news of Merukimon's deletion at the hands of Gizumon XT (Gizmon XT). This incident convinced Yggdrasil that humans are a threat to Digimon, ordering the Royal Knights to seize Spencer. But BanchoLeomon managed to escape with Spencer's soul in his body. By the time Marcus and his comrades sought Yggdrasil in order to try to find a solution with him. They are encountered by Yggdrasil's cohorts, the Royal Knights, and eventually Yggdrasil himself - in the body of Spencer Damon.
Using Spencer's body, Yggdrasil ordered the destruction of the Human World in order to save the Digital World, sending his Royal Knights out across the globe to destroy it. Marcus resolved to discover the truth of what his father had become, and embarked on a quest to find Yggdrasil again. Once he found his "father", Marcus fought him until BanchoLeomon arrived and revealed the story about his link with Spencer before sacrificing his life for ShineGreymon to take out Spencer possessed by Yggdrasil. But it was in vain as Yggdrasil assumed a new form, a robotic Digimon, that flew off to the real world. Once there, he easily defeated the Burst Mode Digimon. Upon the Royal Knights arrival, Yggdrasil saw that even its own devotee's were beginning to doubt its sovereignty as lord, evoking its rage upon them. By the time Marcus and gang arrived to fight him in the final decisive battle, Yggdrasil underwent an electronic form of cold and logic-ridden insanity and revealed that it was actually a computer known as the WIZ9000 (29000-WZ in the English Dub) which was designed to control all lifeforms in the Digital World at its will.
After declaring its experiments on Digimon Evolution (original)/Digimon and Human interaction (English dub) a failure, it decided to "reboot the system" (that is, destroy both worlds, Digital and Real alike), and "reinstall the software in a new virtual universe" (create a brand new world with artificial lifeforms in place of both worlds).
Agumon underwent a pseudo Burst Evolution, blasting a massive hole in Yggdrasil. Yggdrasil's true form, a crystalline figure with a female appearance, shot out of the robotic body and Marcus promptly punched it in the face, shattering it and finally defeating it.
Recognizing its defeat and the real power of the combined efforts of Humans and Digimon, Yggdrasil's last act was to bring Spencer back to life before entering a state of hibernation saying "it would like to see how things turned out".
Barbamon has taken over Yggdrasil, while the host computer's human conscience, Norun, was away for investigation upon human emotions in the Real World.
The Royal Knights appear and protect Yggdrasil/King Drasil, who is using Dr. Spencer Damon's body. Amongst them include:
- Craniamon: The first Royal Knight to appear in the series. Voiced by: Hiroshi Kamiya (Japanese), Henry Dittman (English)
- Gallantmon: Attacks the human world and is frozen solid by Kentarousmon in Episode 41, but breaks free near the end of the series. Voiced by: Masako Nozawa (Japanese), Brad Sherwood (English)
- Magnamon: The only Royal Knight who isn't a Mega level. Voiced in the dub by Brian Fairlee.
- Dynasmon: The strongest Royal Knight in terms of physical strength. Voiced by: Kazunaro Kojima (Japanese), Chris Edgerly (English)
- LoadKnightmon: He was defeated by MirageGaogamon Burst Mode in Episode 42. Voiced by: Susumu Chiba (Japanese), Dave Bushnell (English)
- UlforceVeedramon: The fastest of the Royal Knights. Voiced by: Satoshi Tsuruoka (Japanese), Joe Ochman (English)
- Leopardmon: A Royal Knight who is introduced in Episode 43. Defeated by Rosemon Burst Mode and Ravemon Burst Mode. Voiced by: Takehiro Murozono (Japanese), Beau Billingslea (English)
- Omnimon: The second-in-command of the Royal Knights. Voiced by: Hiroki Takahashi (Japanese), Peter Spellos (English)
It should be noted that after episode 46, the Royal Knights changed from enemies/antagonists to allies.
Merukimon is a powerful Digimon and one of the Olympus Twelve gods. He raised Keenan after the death of Keenan's guardian, Frigimon, and ruled over a portion of the Digital World from his palace, the Infinite Ice Ridge. He met Spencer 10 years ago in the past, believing his words that humans and Digimon can co-exist. But his faith towards humans turned into animosity when a group of humans led by Kurata appeared in the Digital World and begun to delete Digimon. However, when the truth was revealed by Kurata himself, Merukimon decided to try believing in Spencer's words again, and sacrificed his life to save Keenan, Marcus, and the others. Merukimon first appeared when he decided to go to the human world after learning that Falcomon had travelled there to find Puwamon. He arrived just in time to save Falcomon from GeoGreymon's Mega Burst attack. After being attacked by Marcus, Merukimon proceeded to defeat GeoGreymon, Gaogamon and Sunflowmon. He was also able to reverted Biyomon (Puwamon's evolved form) back into a Digi-Egg. Merukimon then tampered with Biyomon's Digi-Egg, attempting to 'purge' the human influence from it. He was unsuccessful, and the egg hatched again into Biyomon. Biyomon was now fixated on Kristy (Marcus Damon's sister). Biyomon then Digivolved into Aquilamon and escaped to wreak havoc in the human world. DATS discovered Merukimon's signal mixed with Biyomon's data, leading DATS to believe that Merukimon is responsible for breaking down the boundary between the human and Digital Worlds. Marcus and his group was sent off to investigate and put an end to Merukimon. Cherrymon reveals that Merukimon and those working for him entered the Real World via the Digital Gate located within Merukimon's palace. Although Merukimon was warned by his minion Gotsumon, he did not regard the DATS members as a threat. Merukimon easily defeats the DATS Digimon, but before he can finish them off, he sees Commander-General Yushima, another familiar face. Yushima and Gwappamon hold Merukimon at bay while the others escape. After that, Gotsumon tries to convince Merukimon that Keenan is a traitor and that he and the Humans must be destroyed. However, Merukimon refuses to believe Keenan actually betrayed him and had no intention to attack the humans. This resulted in SaberLeomon deciding to take matter into his own hands, with Gotsumon leaving Merukimon's side to aid him. Merukimon eventually learned the truth of what truly occurred as Kurata used his Gizumon AT to perform a sneak attack on Merukimon, telling the Digimon that Spencer was a fool to trust Digimon. Gizumon AT became Gizumon XT, and Merukimon sacrificed his life to damage Gizumon XT to protect Marcus, Keenan, and the others with a renewed faith in Spencer's dream. Merukimon was destroyed in that battle, and so was his Digi-Egg. Merukimon's finals words to Keenan to "live as a Human with the heart of a Digimon", was the emotional inspiration for Keenan to summon his Full DNA Charge to evolve Falcomon to Crowmon.
Gotsumon is a servant of Merkurimon, and is considerably more villainous than the Gotsumon of previous seasons. He is not fond of Keenan Krier, because Merukimon favored the boy over him, and referred to Falcomon as "Keenan's slave". Though just a Rookie-level, he ranks high in the chain-of-command of Merukimon's servants. He often uses a Yanmamon for transportation, and Kuramon for surveillance. He lives in the Infinity Ice Ridge (Mugen Hyouheki) with his master. Gotsumon's first appearance was when he revealed that Falcomon had gone to the human world to try to find Biyomon's Digi-Egg. Later, when the DATS members entered the Digital World, he bombarded them with rocks, and in the process endangered Cherrymon, the young Nyokimon, and Keenan and Peckmon as well. Later, when Falcomon temporarily sided with the humans to find a vaccine, Gotsumon accepted Blossomon's (a fellow minion) suggestion to attack them, despite Merukimon ordering them not to. After Blossomon was defeated, Gotsumon resolved that Keenan was as bad as the other humans, and attacked them all with Mammothmon, nearly burying them all in an avalanche. He then revealed himself to the surviving DATS team, and had Mammothmon attack again, only for the elephant-like monster to be defeated by Lilamon, leaving Gotsumon no choice but to retreat. When the humans all arrived at the Infinity Ice Ridge, he took everyone, including Keenan, by surprise, and attempted to bury them in a cave-in. When it seemed Keenan, Marcus Damon, and their partners had fallen to their deaths, he took the rest of the DATS members to Merukimon, only to be exposed for what he'd done when both boys revealed themselves to be alive. After all three of DATS' main digimon were defeated by Merukimon, Commander-General Yushima used Gwappamon to cause a cave-in of his own so that the team and Keenan could escape back to the real world, stalling Merukimon and burying Gotsumon. Afterwards, SaberLeomon arrived at the Infinity Ice Ridge to berate Merukimon for what had happened in dealing with the humans. Gotsumon made a secret alliance with the Digimon, and told him of Keenan. SaberLeomon allowed Gotsumon to lead his army of Boarmon and Pteramon into the human world, but this effort ended in failure when a massive Digital Gate drew both Gotsumon and the army back into the Digital World. Gotsumon returned to SaberLeomon's own fortress to tell him what had happened, leading SaberLeomon to go to the real world - where he met his end. With SaberLeomon gone, Gotsumon returned to Merukimon, and decided to make a stand against the humans. He confronted the humans, who had returned to the Digital World, and unleashed Zudomon upon them. When Zudomon met his end, Gotsumon decided to face them himself, digivolving into - Meteormon. In this form, Meteormon's great speed and power overwhelmed the DATS team, but in the end, it was not enough, and he finally met his end at the hands of RizeGreymon's Rising Destroyer.
Much later, Marcus and the others returned to the Digital World, where they encountered Gotsumon again, who had been reborn. Though they initially suspected him of still being their enemy, they quickly found out he had no memory of his former life. Gotsumon led them to the location of the Digimon God Yggdrasil, and when they were attacked by the Royal Knights, he was saved along with the others by Sleipmon.
Voiced by: Hitoshi Bifu (Japanese), Paul St. Peter (English) SaberLeomon is a powerful Mega-level Digimon who terrorized the expedition team that Sampson and Spencer Damon were a part of. Back then, he was defeated by Spencer personally, an act that would prove to be haunting years later. Ten years later, SaberLeomon confronted Merukimon about his supposed cowardice in dealing with humans. He struck an alliance with Gotsumon, who had led SaberLeomon's army into the human world. When this failed, he attacked the human world personally. He overwhelmed the Digimon Data Squad - only to fall prey to Kurata's schemes. He was struck by a beam from Gizumon AT, one of Kurata's creations, which weakened him to the point that Marcus could shatter his fang. He was then killed by RizeGreymon (making him the fourth Leomon variant to die in the Digimon franchise), and his Digi-Egg was destroyed. SaberLeomon's appearance is much larger than in the first Digimon series.
- Voiced by: Jeff Nimoy
- A massive Digimon that resembles a turtle. He is, in fact, the Holy Capital of the Digital World, in that he carries an entire city of Digimon on his back. Ultimately, he came under attack from Kurata's forces, and was sent to the real world, where Marcus and the others failed to protect him, resulting in his being impaled and destroyed by a massive lance created by way of merging numerous Gizumon together with a missile.
- Baronmon: The mayor of the Digimon living on ElDoradimon. He sees Spencer Damon as a sort of savior to his people, and thus, did the same for Marcus. He participated in the defense of ElDoradimon, only to be wiped out by a Gizumon XT when he actively tried to challenge Kurata's plans.
- Voiced by Shinya Fukumatsu in the Japanese version and by Michael Sorich impersonating a younger Ricardo Montalbán in the English dub.
- Pumpkinmon: The Pumpkinmon work for Baronmon in the Holy Capital. One serves as Baronmon's right-hand man. Some of them were shown fighting the Gizumon and were shown evacuating when Kurata's massive lance targeted ElDradimon.
- Ninjamon: A bunch of ninja Digimon that came with Keenan to help defend the Holy Capital.
Seven Great Demon Lords
The Seven Great Demon Lords (七大魔王 Nana Dai Maō?) are a group of Demon Lord Digimon who each represent one of the Seven Deadly Sins. This group is also known as the "Maō" in Digimon World Data Squad, which simply means "Demon Lords" in Japanese, though pronounced as one syllable instead of two. They are based on various demons from within Judeo-Christian mythology, most notably Paradise Lost by John Milton and Clavicula Solomonis Regis, an anonymous 17th-century grimoire. There are also two "Super Demon Lords", or "Cho-Maō", who are closely related to the group. These Digimon are based on the Beasts of Revelation, and evolve from the Seven Great Demon Lords. The data of Digimon consigned to oblivion by the Seven Great Demon Lords is not reincarnated, but is sent to the center of the Dark Area, and becomes the flesh and blood of the Demon Lords. The members of this group are Lucemon, Leviamon, Daemon, Belphemon, Barbamon, Beelzemon, and Lilithmon.
Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese), Kyle Hebert (English)
One of the Seven Demon Lord Digimon, Belphemon is a rage-filled monster that attacks anything within his sights. Akihiro Kurata found Belphemon as a DigiEgg during one of his trips in the Digital World and placed in a tank prior to the events of the series. But as Belphemon is in Sleep Mode, a state of being where the Digimon's full power cannot be used, Kurata begins a campaign to awaken Belphemon for his own agenda to conquer the human and Digital Worlds. But the process requires collecting "Digimon life energy", with Kurata succeeding by taking the data of Eldradimon. When Belphemon awakens, Kurata provides Thomas, whom he believed is on his side, with the a device to control Belphemon. After Belphemon easily defeated Crowmon, Rosemon, BishopChessmon and RookChessmon, Thomas destroys the device to Kurata's shock. This forces to Kurata to make another gambit: Transforming himself into DNA to merged into Belphemon's body and control the Digimon in its true Rage Mode form. Able to defeat the DATS Digimon despite the additional fire power Ravemon provides, his opponents' attacks only made Belphemon enraged enough to briefly regain control of himself as Agumon becomes ShineGreymon. After consuming several space-time oscillation bombs, Belphemon started to tear rifts between both worlds while overpowering the four mega level digimon, BishopChessmon, RookChessmon. Belphemon was finally stopped when ShineGreymon ascended into Burst Mode and Marcus' DNA forcing Kurata out of the Digimon's body.
Voiced by: Masami Kikuchi (Japanese), Brian Palermo (English)
Akihiro Kurata was once part of the expedition to the Digital World, along with Commander-General Yushima, Commander Sampson, Dr. Spencer Daimon, and several others. This event left a huge impression on Kurata, leading his hatred and fear of all Digimon. He led an army of soldiers into the Digital World, where he began a massacre that was stopped by Merukimon. Resurfacing years later with the intention to continue his work, he began a series of events that culminated in the death of Merukimon at the hands of his creation, Gizumon, and the dissolution of the Japanese branch of DATS. He has since returned to the Digital World, intent on continuing his efforts to inflict genocide on Digimon as part of his master plan to awaken Belphemon fore his scheme to conquer both the Digital World and the real world. When his plan succeeds and he lost device that can control Belphemon, Kurata resorts to transforming himself into DNA to enter Belphemon's body to manually control it. Though he survived Belphemon's death, Kurata ends up trapped in the space between the two worlds he intended to use a space-oscillation bomb to destroy the Digital World.
Kurata is the creator of the Gizumon, whose attacks can result in a Digimon being permanently deleted. He can force his Gizumon to pseudo-evolve to either Gizumon: AT (champion) or Gizumon: XT (ultimate) by using artificial DNA through his own digivice (different model than what the DATS use; digivice color is purple/green). He also presumably gave Kouki, Nanami, and Ivan the power to turn into Digimon, and made their digivices as well.
In the English dub, Brian Palermo voiced by Akihiro Kurata with his impersonation of Vincent Price.
The Bio-Hybrids are three Digimon hunters under Kurata's command. Consisting of Kouki, Nanami, and Ivan, they have the ability to turn into Digimon thanks to the fact that Kurata combined their DNA with the data of a Digimon. First possessing three forms based on Armor Digimon, they are later given more powerful forms that are equal in strength to Mega-Level Digimon (Ultimate-level digimon). The only difference between the bio armor digimon and their normal counterparts is the presence of some sort of energy tube on the back of their heads and their heads colored red, while the mega forms' heads are colored green. If a human who becomes a Bio Digimon is defeated, he/she reverts to a normal human while the Digimon data is separated from their human DNA and becomes a Digi-Egg. Note: The Digimon the Bio-Hybirds transform into probably reflect the Digimon whose Data their DNA was merged with. In the case of Kouki it would be Thunderbirdmon and Darkdramon, Nanami having Quetzalmon and then Rotusmon(Lotusmon) and finally Ivan having himself merged with Stegomon and then Supinomon (Spinomon). This is supported during the episode (Episode 30-Journey to the Sacred City) when Kurata enhances the power of the Bio-Hybrids when a screen is shown displaying what is presumedly Kouki and the digimon he is merged with (looking very much like the silhouette of Thundebirdmon and then changes to another digimon, the digimon he is to be merged with, looking very much like Darkdramon)
Voiced by: Kenn (Japanese), Dave Wittenberg (English)
Kouki (聖 Kōki) is one of the modified (seemingly) human individuals with the power to turn into a Digimon through the process of Bio-Hybrid Digivolution. He is the supposed leader of the group. Kouki is by far the most violent and ruthless of the trio, and is in some ways an evil version of Marcus. He first appeared to defend Kurata from Keenan and Crowmon. He then appeared before the series' heroes, where he clashed fists with Marcus which ignited his DNA - an act that alerted everyone to the fact that he was no mere human. However, both his and his comrades' attack were halted by Sampson and Kudamon. He develops a grudge against Marcus after suffering a humiliating defeat from Shinegreymon, and continuously displayed a desire for a re-match, which led to him and the other Bio-Hybrids being infused with stronger digimon (even though, he was the only one that really desired it). In the epilogue (5 years later), Kouki made an appearance as a motorcyclist without helmet, pursued by Yoshi's police wagon soon...does he ever behave? His Digivice is Blue/Gray.
BioThunderbirdmon: BioThunderbirdmon (BioThunderbirmon in the original) is Kouki's Digimon form, based on the Armor Digimon Thunderbirdmon.
- Thunder Storm: Releases a wave of thunder and electricity from his wings.
BioDarkdramon: BioThunderbirmon's next stage, based on Darkdramon, which Kouki assumes through "Bio-Mega Digivolution", which he gained the ability to do after having his body combined with the data of a Mega (Ultimate) Digimon. He fought ShineGreymon in the real world in order to keep him from interfering with Kurata's plans. He initially held the upper because ShineGreymon couldn't fight back as hard as he could without causing any damage to the city they were fighting in. Kouki didn't hold back by fear of causing any damage however, and even knocking over a building just to attack ShineGreymon. He was defeated and reverted to Kouki and a digi-egg after ShineGreymon impaled him through the chest with the GeoGrey Sword (which ShineGreymon gained during the battle).
Another one of the modified individuals working for Kurata. She doesn't have any loyalty to Kurata, she simply enjoys hunting and killing Digimon, viewing her normal life as boring. After the DATS building was destroyed, she and Ivan chased after Sampson, and later fought Miki, Megumi, and the two PawnChessmon before facing Marcus and the others along with both her colleagues. She dresses rather oddly, carrying an umbrella, and wearing clothing in the style of a Gothic Lolita. Nanami (ナナミ) is also something of a genius herself, and used her intelligence to counter the battle strategies of Thomas after gaining the ability to become BioLotusmon. During the fight she tried to get Thomas to join her, believing that they two of them were same, but Thomas refused each time. However, Nanami was defeated when Thomas used an attack that was reminiscent of Marcus' reckless fighting style, which she points out to Thomas before she falls unconscious, which shakes Thomas' confidence in himself greatly. In the last episode, Nanami was also rising her DNA into the sky. Her Digivice is Burgandy/Gray.
BioQuetzalmon: BioQuetzalmon (BioCoatlmon in the original) is Nanami's Digimon form, based on the Digimon Quetzalmon.
BioRotosmon: BioRotosmon (BioLotusmon in the original) is BioQuetzalmon's next stage, who she assumes through "Bio-Mega Digivolution", which she gained the ability to do after having her body combined with the data of a Mega (Ultimate) Digimon. The only Bio Digimon not based on an already-existing Digimon yet she may be based on a form which is a combination of Rosemon and Lotusmon. She has the ability to use her snake-bearing staff to induce hallucinations (when trying to get Thomas to join her, she created an image of herself as a nāga-like entity coiling around him). Ultimately, Nanami was defeated by Thomas when he stopped trying to use strategy. She regressed to her human form while her Digimon half became a Digi-Egg.
The real Rotosmon appeared later in the game Digimon World Dawn/Dusk. There are a few visible differences in her appearance and BioRotosmon's appearance, one being that the bud on top of Rotosmon is purple instead of green. Also, her lotus staff is topped with a rainbow hued lotus rather than the standard purple and green.
The strong man of the trio consisting of himself, Nanami, and Kouki. Ivan seems to have difficulty with-holding his inner thoughts, and tends to blurt out what he's thinking without realizing it. After meeting her for the first time, he developed a sort of attraction towards Yoshi (calling her his "beloved honey" at one point). After gaining his ability to assume his final form, this prompted him to engage Rosemon in a duel for Yoshi's love, only for him to be defeated at their hands.
In the same episode this battle occurred in, it was revealed that Ivan is something of a mercenary, and underwent his transformation into a BioHybrid for the sake of money. It was also learned that he also had many brothers and sisters, and that he was fighting for their sakes. In the last episode, Ivan was also rising his DNA into the sky, together with his brothers and sisters. His Digivice is Brown/Gray.
Ivan is apparently Russian.
BioStegomon: BioStegomon is Ivan's Digimon form, possessing strength as well as durability. He is based on the Digimon Stegomon.
BioSpinomon: BioStegomon's next stage, based on Spinomon, which Ivan assumes through "Bio-Mega Digivolution", which he gained the ability to do after having his body combined with the data of a Mega (Ultimate) Digimon. BioSpinomon has armor and rows of detachable spikes on his body. He is referred to in the dub as BioSupinomon.
Other minor characters
- Director Hashima (羽柴): Director Hashima is a representative from the Japanese Confidentiality Ministry, whose responsibility is to oversee DATS. Hashima first appeared after the Digimon known as Merukimon made his presence known, and threatened to shut down DATS for blowing their cover. He considers himself at war with all of the Digital World and that all Digimon are irrational brutes. Director Hashima appeared again when it appeared that Kevin and Michelle Krier had opened a gate to the Digital World, and had them taken into government custody. After this, he seemed to fall prey to (or cooperated) with the machinations of Kurata and had the memories of the DATS personnel and their families' memories erased when Kurata lied to him that the DATS members interfered with the original plans given to them. When Kurata was using Belphemon Sleep Mode to attack the city, he gleefully revealed to Hashima his plot. Hashima then sent military helicopters to where Belphemon Sleep Mode was to destroy it. However the missiles, ended up doing little to no damage to Belphemon and has been lead to final downfall against Kurata who sent out a wave of energy which blew the helicopters away. However they escaped without major damage and thus the crews presumedly survived the attack.
- Franz Norstein: Thomas' father. Franz took Thomas in after his mother's death, but never seemed to show any real affection for him until the events of episode 42. When he tried to introduce Thomas to his mother, she rejected him saying he isn't a Norstein.
- Voiced in the dub by Adam Bitterman.
- Mrs. Norstein: Thomas' deceased Japanese mother. She died when trying to cross a road when she was taking Thomas to a summer festival while he was young, and saved Thomas by moving him out of the way, but the truck mutilated her, and she died as a result, as revealed in a flashback of Thomas' most hurting memories by MetalPhantomon in episode 15: The Gorge of Deception.
- Voiced in the dub by Philece Sampler.
- Relena Norstein (Ririna Norstein): Thomas' half-sister. She is handicapped due to an illness. Grandma Norstein had the doctor save her so she could carry on the Norstein blood line. When she was a baby, Thomas snuck into her room, and when she managed to grab one of his hands, she stopped crying. When Thomas freed his hand, she started crying again only calming down when Thomas gave his hand back, illustrating the bond between them.
- Voiced in the dub by Kari Wahlgren.
- Grandma Norstein: Franz's mother, and both Thomas and Relena's grandmother. The current head of the Norstein family. She at first didn't consider Thomas as the rightful heir to the Norstein family, but changed her mind due to Relena's illness. When she first met Thomas she rejected him due to him not being a "true Norstein" (being half Japanese, illegitimate and not having a mother who was an elite member of society) and seems to resent him for this. When she decides that Relena was not suitable and names Thomas as heir to the Norsteins, she then commands Franz to find Thomas a proper wife and scolds him when he refuses, forcing him to give in. She generally only thinks of her grandchildren as carriers of the family name and nothing else.
- Voiced in the dub by Susan Silo.
- Kevin Krier and Michelle Krier: Known in the Japanese version as Kenji Noguchi (野口 憲治 Noguchi Kenji) and Misuzu Noguchi (野口 美鈴 Noguchi Misuzu), Kevin and Michelle are Keenan's biological parents, as well as the father and mother of his baby sister, Ruka. Ten years ago, they attempted to create a Digital Gate, but disaster struck when Keenan was drawn into it. They joined the expedition into the Digital World in order to find him, but they were forced to return to the human world with the others before they could. They were reunited with their son years later. But their reunion was interrupted when a Digimon called Hagurumon appeared in their home, and transformed their house into a monster based on a toy Keenan had as a child. Hashiba appeared, accusing them of illegally creating another Digital Gate, and took them into custody. Later, they were approached by Marcus, Thomas, and Yoshi, who asked them to create a Digital Gate for them. They agreed, and despite reservations on not having more time to spend with the son they never knew, they gave Keenan their blessing to go as well.
- Frigimon (Yukidarumon): Frigimon was Keenan's surrogate mother after he was left stranded in the Digital World. Having heard his mother's cries for him on the other side of the gate, she came to know his name, and decided that she would take care of him. However, her life ended in tragedy during Kurata's attack on the Digital World, as she was struck by a beam from one of the attacking Gizumon.
- Hitoshi "Neon" Hanamura (華村 仁志 (祢音) Hanamura Hitoshi): A childhood schoolmate of Yoshi's, Hitoshi was often ridiculed by his peers for his weight. Years later, he became a well-known pop singer, using the alias of "Neon Hanamura", whose sudden rise in popularity attracted the suspicion of DATS. It became known that he was using a Keramon to manipulate digital information to widen the audience of his music, as well as manipulate statistics for downloads and rankings of his songs. Yoshi went undercover and began a relationship with him, but when it appeared she was getting too attached to the case, Thomas decided it was time to act. Eventually, all three members of the team confronted Neon (after he faked a busy schedule that resulted in Yoshino falling right into his trap), and the young man's anxiety led to him inadvertently causing Keramon to digivolve into Kurisarimon after a photographer took a picture of Keramon. Despite losing what he'd worked so hard for, in the end, Neon's greatest regret was that he'd have his memory erased, and thereby lose all memory of coming to know Yoshi again. His name is mentioned again in the radio by a voice that says "now you will listen to Hanamura Neon's song..." later when Yoshi drives Keenan to his parents. In the last episode, he was also rising his DNA into the sky.
- Hayase Harris (早瀬 翼 Hayase Tsubasa|Tsubasa Hayase): A famous boxer whose career was an inspiration to Thomas as a child. Some time ago, he was critically injured in a match. However, his career enjoyed a resurgence due to maladies that affected his opponents, which led DATS to suspect a Digimon's involvement. In truth, it was Harris' daughter, Minnie (Manami), who was using the Digimon Togemon in order to ensure her father's victory. Thomas and Gaomon (as Gaogamon) defeated Togemon, and explained what had happened to her father. Despite losing his memories of the event, he resolved to fight his title match, even with the risk to his body, all in order to show his daughter the way he was meant to fight - fairly and honestly. In the last episode, he and his family were also rising their DNA into the sky.
- Conner Shiratori (白鳥 耕一郎 Shiratori Kōichirō|Koichiro Shiratori): Conner was a schoolmate of Marcus', whose dream it was to follow in his father's footsteps as the proprietor of his family's store, which was famous for its manjuu. However, the store had fallen on tough times after Conner's mother had fallen sick, leading to his father becoming desperate for money with one of them involving Marcus having to save Connor's father from some gangsters that lent him some money. This led to his father becoming obsessed with, leading to him falling prey to three DemiDevimon (PicoDevimon) and a Vilemon (Evilmon), who sought to use his greed to grow in power. They disguised themselves as an idol statue, and rigged in Conner's father's favor. However, Marcus discovered this, and with Yoshi, defeated the four digimon. In the end, Conner and his father made peace, and resolved to re-vitalize their store. In the last episode, he and his father were also rising their DNAs into the sky.
- Drimogemon / Digmon: This Drimogemon was one of many Digimon to breach the gap between the Digital World and the human world, but he was significant in regards to the events that led to his defeat. He was accidentally brought to this world through the equipment used by two would-be bank robbers. While not bad intentioned, he was rather naive and their greed caused Drimogemon to increase in size and rage out of control, and eventually, he escaped back to the Digital World. However, Thomas, unable to accept his failure or the chance that Drimogemon could lead even more Digimon to the human world, went to the Digital World after him. Marcus followed him, and together, they faced Drimogemon. Before he was defeated, however, he slide evolved into Digmon, forcing Thomas and Marcus to combine their digimon's power against him. This led to both accepting one another as team-mates.
- Drimogemon was voiced by Satoshi Tsuruoka in the Japanese version and by Lex Lang in the English version.
- Rhythm (movie): A Digimon in human form, she is saved by Agumon, Gaomon and Lalamon when she was being attacked by a bunch of Goblimon and an Ogremon, and tells them of Argomon and his plans. During ShineGreymon's battle against Argomon, she helps Marcus to bring his partner to Burst Mode and defeat the enemy.
- Argomon (Algomon) (movie): Villain of the Data Squad movie. Met his end at the hands of ShineGreymon Burst Mode.
- Digimon Dictionary: Agumon (2006 anime)
- "Boxer Thomas has returned! Beat Meramon". Digimon Data Squad. 2006-04-16. Fuji TV.
- Merukimon was called a member of the Olympus Twelve by Frigimon in a flashback in episode 24, "The Revealed Past - Heartless! Gizmon: AT".
- Milton, J Paradise Lost
- Mathers, S. L. MacGregor (trans.), Crowley A. (ed.) The Lesser Key of Solomon the King (1904) 1995 reprint, ISBN 0-87728-847-X
- Digimon Dictionary: Lucemon: Satan Mode
- Digivice Burst: Belphemon (Internet Wayback Machine reproduction here)