|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010)|
|Associated acts||Jimmy Sommerville
|Past members||Sally Herbert
Banderas was a female music duo of the early 1990s that was signed to London Records. The group was an offshoot of Jimmy Sommerville's band The Communards, and featured one of his female backing musicians Sally Herbert, along with the shaven headed singer Caroline Buckley.
The band is mostly remembered for their hit single "This Is Your Life", which peaked at #16 in the UK Singles Chart in March 1991. The track was co-written with songwriter Roger Swallow and contains samples of the song "Crack Attack" by Grace Jones from her 1989 album Bulletproof Heart. The duo appeared on BBC One's Top of The Pops on 21 March 1991 to perform the song.
The duo's album, Ripe, peaked at #40 in the UK, and featured further singles "She Sells" (#41) and "May This Be Your Last Sorrow" (which did not chart).
1. This Is Your Life 2. Comfort of Faith 3. May This Be Your Last Sorrow 4. First Hand 5. Why Aren't You in Love With Me? 6. She Sells 7. Too Good 8. Don't Let That Man 9. It's Written All Over My Face 10. Never Too Late
|1991||"This Is Your Life"||16||23||37||4||22||24||18||30||34||Ripe|
|"May This Be Your Last Sorrow"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released.|
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 42. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Official Charts Company: Banderas". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Banderas - German Chart". charts.de. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "Banderas - US Dance Club Songs Chart". billboard.com. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
|This article on a United Kingdom band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|