From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Nickname(s): Rail Nagari|
|Elevation||280 m (920 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||RJ 29|
|Modified By - Upendra Chaubey|
Places of interest
- Jhajirampura a religious and picnic spot located about 11 km from Bandikui near Baswa. It is known for its stone Gaumukh with water flowing from this stone Gaumukh all year round. There is also a lotus garden associated with the Gaumukh.
- Abhaneri (Abha Nagri or the city of brightness) is an important tourist place located 7 km to the South-East of Bandikui. Abhaneri is believed to be established by Gurjar Pratihar king Samrat Mihir Bhoj.
- Chand Bawri is a popular step well in Abhaneri, located close to the Harshat Mata Temple. It remains one of India's deepest and largest step wells
- Harshad Mata Temple is an important temple raised in the 10th century. Harshat Mata is considered to be the goddess of joy and happiness. Both Chand Baori and Harshad Mata Temple are known for their stone architecture.
- Mehndipur Balaji is a highly revered Hindu religious site dedicated to Lord Hanuman. It is located about 35 km from Bandikui.
- Sikandra is known for its traditional Rajasthani shoes and stone carving industry is only about 12 km and falls on the main Agra-Jaipur National Highway 11. Rj NH - 11 also passes through Balaji Mor. Well maintained State Highway 25 connects Sikandra on Jaipur-Agra highway to Alwar via Bandikui.
- Kalakho Lake is located on the Jaipur-Agra Highway about 25 km from Bandikui just outside Dausa. It has a large palace i.e. Umaid Lake Palace, which is now converted to a resort and a lake known for its bird life.
- Ganesh Mandir is a famous temple located at High School Road, Bandikui. It is situated in the city and has a Gaushala also.
- Ram Mandir is a famous temple located at Gudha Katla Road, Bandikui. It is situated in the city and has a also.
- Badiyal Kalan is a famous for its Nalas and River, situated 9 kilometer from Bandikui and 3 km from Abhaneri. It has famous Hanuman temple & pipli wale balaji and other old temples.
- Karnawar is a famous for temple of Sanwaria Ji Seth (Sri Krishna) & Bawli, situated 6 km from Bandikui on Baswa Road.
Technical Educational institutions
- Bandikui Academy, Bandikui is located at Sikandra Road, Bandikui
- Saraswati Shiksha Niketan Sr. Sec. School, Jageer Bandikui
- B.N. Joshi Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Bandikui (High School)
- Saraswati Vidya Vihar Sr. Sec. School, Bandikui
- Pratap Adarsh Vidya Mandir Sr. Sec. School, Bandikui
- Saini Adrash Vidhya Mandir Sr. Sec. School, Jageer Bandikui
- St. Francis English Medium School. it is said to be the best school in bandikui and is famous for its discipline,facilities and education"
- Aravali Public School(English medium)
- Bachpan a Play School & Academic Heights Public School,(English Medium) Bandikui
- Sh. Rajesh Pilot Govt. P.G. College is located at Baswa Road, Bandikui.
- Girls College, Bandikui
- Saini Adrash Vidhya Mandir P.G. Collage
- Sh. Girraj Girls College, Bandikui