|Birth name||Mayur Narvekar, Udyan Sagar, Mehirr Nath Choppra|
|Genres||Electronic, Drum and Bass, Dubstep|
|Occupations||Producer, Composer, Tabla Player, DJ|
|Instruments||Guitar, Flute, Bass Guitar|
|Labels||Bheja Fry records ,Generation Bass ,Folktronic (Sony Music Independent)|
Bandish Projekt is a musical act featuring a blend of Indian elements in an electronica format. The title "Bandish Projekt" is derived from Bandish—an Indian classical composition, and "Projekt," which reflects the experimental and evolving nature of the music. Bandish Projekt was formed in 1998 by Mayur Narvekar, Udyan Sagar, and Mehirr Nath Choppra.Narvekar regularly collaborates with producers and musicians on his albums, Sagar performs as Nucleya, and Choppra is a media entrepereneur, based in Dubai, where he operates radio stations and supports Bandish Projekt and Bheja Fry Records as a mentor.
Mayur was raised in Ahmedabad by a family of classical musicians and arts enthusiasts. His father and paternal uncle introduced him to the dholak at an early age. Through his interest and talent for percussion, he was encouraged to formally learn the tabla. Mayur studied classical tabla with his guru Shri Divyang Vakil for 20 years. He went on to win the All India Radio (AIR) competition for percussion in 2000, and was honoured with the prestigious "Pt. Nikhil Ghosh Memorial Promising Artist Award" in 2001.
Inspired by the music and producers of the West, Mayur began to add to his repertory of classical sounds. Thus, his electronic act, Bandish Projekt, was conceived. After graduating from St. Xaviers College, Ahmedabad, in 2000 with a BA in psychology, Mayur decided to pursue a full-time career in music.
After several years as a live performer, composer and producer, Mayur moved to Mumbai in 2008. Bandish Projekt’s first album, Correkt, was released in October 2009, followed by the single "Brown Skin Beauty" featuring Last Mango in Paris in 2010, and the EP "Chase" in March 2011. In December 2011, Bandish Projekt released another EP, "Lover," featuring Shaa’ir (Monica Dogra of Shaa'ir and Func), which was nominated for the 2012 MTV EMA award for Best Indian Act.
Bandish Projekt released two EPs in 2012, "I Am Not Alone" and "Correkt Remixed". Bandish Projekt's Alchemy Wins Asifa India Awards For Excellence the special Jury mention in the best animation film category.2014 Bandish Projekt receives GIMA Award (Global Indian Music Award ) for the best EDM track "TRAP" from the Ep "I am Not Alone" .
|Year||Album||Main Artist||Record Label|
|2014||Connekt||Bandish Projekt||Bheja fry Records|
|2013||Alchemy (EP)||Bandish Projekt||Bheja fry Records|
|2012||Correkt Remixed||Bandish Projekt||Folk Tronic Sony music|
|2012||I am Not Alone (EP)||Bandish Projekt||Folk Tronic Sony music|
|2011||Lover||Bandish Projekt & Shaa’ir||Generation Bass|
|2011||Chase (EP)||Bandish Projekt||Generation Bass|
|2010||Brown Skin Beauty (EP)||Bandish Projekt||Bheja Fry Records|
|2009||Correkt||Bandish Projekt||Bheja Fry Records|
- "Mayur Narvekar, Bandish Projekt". YourStory.IN. 5 June 2009. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "| Instrumentalists | Indian and International Instrumentalists." Planetradiocity.com. Planet Radio City, n.d. Web. 16 August 2012.
- "One-man Projekt". Nxg. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Tabla with a difference // Mayur Narvekar". Nada Brahma. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Bandish Projekt's Correkt Album Out Now!". Generation Bass. 28 October 2009. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Bandish Projekt: Corrket". EthnoTechno. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Bandish Projekt: Chase (March 5th 2011) World Exclusive". Generation Bass. 13 February 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Bandish Projekt featuring Shaa'ir Video Teaser". Generation Bass. 25 November 2011. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "Elasticized Dubstep "Lover" // Bandish Projekt + Shaa'ir". Nada Brahma. Retrieved 15 January 2013.
- "MTV EMA 2012 :: 11.11.2012 :: Frankfurt :: Bandish Projekt." MTV India. MTV India, n.d. Web. 28 January 2013.
- "NH7". Bandish Projekt Release New EP. 10 July 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2013.