Indian Railway Station
|Address||Mumbai Suburban District, Maharashtra
|Elevation||4.00 metres (13.12 ft)|
|Connections||bus stand,prepaid taxi stand|
Bandra Terminus is a newly built terminus in Bandra (E) from where trains bound for northern and western India are scheduled regularly. It is one of the Five Railway Terminus within Mumbai City. The other four Terminus are - Mumbai CST, Mumbai Central, Lokmanya Tilak Terminus (Kurla Terminus) and Dadar(Central Railway). It was built in the 1990s to decongest the main Mumbai Central station. Presently 32 trains use the station.
Bandra Terminus is close to 'Bandra-Kurla Complex', a commercially important part of Mumbai as well as Mumbai Airport.
Important long distance trains departing from Bandra Terminus
- 12215/16 Delhi Sarai Rohilla Bandra Terminus Garib Rath Express
- 12247/48 Bandra Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin Yuva Express to Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin
- 12471/72 Swaraj Express to Jammu Tawi
- 12479/80 Suryanagri Express to Jodhpur
- 12907/08 Maharashtra Sampark Kranti Express to Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin
- 12909/10 Bandra Terminus Hazrat Nizamuddin Garib Rath Express to Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin
- 12925/26 Paschim Express to Amritsar
- 12935/36 Bandra Surat Intercity Express to Surat
- 12971/72 Bhavnagar Express to Bhavnagar
- 12979/80 Jaipur Bandra Terminus Superfast Express to Jaipur
- 14707/08 Ranakpur Express to Bikaner
- 19017/18 Bandra Terminus Jamnagar Saurashtra Janta Express
- 19019/20 Dehradun Express to Dehradun
- 19027/28 Bandra Terminus Jammu Tawi Vivek Express to Jammu Tawi
- 19029/30 Bandra Terminus Delhi Sarai Rohilla Express
- 19037/38 Bandra Terminus Gorakhpur Avadh Express to Gorakhpur
- 19039/40 Bandra Terminus Muzaffarpur Avadh Express to Muzaffarpur
- 19049/50 Bandra – Patna Express
- 19131/32 Kutch Express to Bhuj
- 19143/44 Lok Shakti Express to Ahmedabad
- 19451/52 Bandra Terminus Gandhidham Express
- 19707/08 Aravali Express to Jaipur via Ajmer
- 22901/02 Bandra Terminus Udaipur Superfast Express to Udaipur
- 22903/04 Bandra Terminus Bhuj AC Superfast Express
- 22917/18 Bandra Terminus Haridwar Express
How to reach
Bandra Terminus is adjacent to Bandra railway station on Western Railway at a distance of 1.1 km. All Fast and Slow Local Trains have halt at Bandra Station. Suburban Local Trains on Western Railway towards Borivali, Virar (North) as well as towards Churchgate, Mumbai Central, Dadar(South) have a very good frequency (one Local every 2-3 Minutes). Bandra is also directly connected to Mumbai CST through a Branch Line from Wadala Road (Harbour Line). However, Suburban Local Trains are often too crowded.
'BEST Buses' are also available from 'Bandra Terminus Bus Stand' or 'Bandra (West) Bus Stand' ; both being very close to the Railway Station. Auto Rickshaws are also available.
How to reach - by car
Bandra terminus is close to Western Express Highway (Kherwadi signal). The terminus (for long distance trains) is on the Eastern side .i.e. East of the railway line which run in North - South direction.