Banff Trail, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Druh Farrell|
|• Total||2.3 km2 (0.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,105 m (3,625 ft)|
|• Average Income||$49,996|
|Website||Banff Trail Community Association|
Banff Trail is a residential neighbourhood in the north-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is located north-east of the intersection of Crowchild Trail and Trans-Canada Highway, east of McMahon Stadium and the University of Calgary. The Banff Trail station of the C-train LRT system serves the community, which contains a large motel village in the south-west corner.
It is named for the town of Banff, which in turn takes its name from Banffshire, Scotland. The adjoining Highway 1 connects the city of Calgary to Banff and Banff National Park. The community has an Area redevelopment plan in place.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $49,996 in 2000, and there were 25.8% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 15.3% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 35.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 46.4% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Branton Bilingual Junior High School and William Aberhart Bilingual Senior High public schools. The University of Calgary grounds border the community to the west, and the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology to the south.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Banff Trail Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- City of Calgary Planning (2005). "Banff Trail Area Redevelopment Plan". Retrieved 2007-05-09.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 7 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-08.
- Calgary Communities - Banff Trail Local Community Website
- Federation of Calgary Communities - Banff Trail Community
|University of Calgary||Capitol Hill|
|St. Andrews Heights||Hounsfield Heights||Briar Hill|